We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Evening temp in June?

Perth
10 posts
Save Topic
Evening temp in June?

Hi we are off to Broome end of June and i was just wondering if it gets cool in the evening and whether i should pack a jacket or cardi.

Any other packing tips welcome.

Cheers

Dominique

Margaret River...
Level Contributor
24 posts
307 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Evening temp in June?

Dominique, you will not need a jacket or cardi. Occasionally in July, there is a coldish night, but I lived there for a year and visit frequently, and have never once wore a jacket or cardi in Broome(even at night). The nights are just what they say - 'balmy'!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
87 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Evening temp in June?

We have been to Broome on many occasions and never needed anything more than a light long sleeved t shirt in the evenings except for last July when there were about 5 days in a row when we got caught out - it was really cold day and night. The hardware store even put a trolley load of small heaters out for sale (they looked like they had been in storage for a few years). So I suppose you could say that it rarely gets cold and if you do get caught out the local Target store would have a jumper for sale.

Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Evening temp in June?

If you're wearing a T-Shirt you'll note the locals wearing jackets, the blood thins when you live in the tropics so don't ask a local if it gets cold as they'll say freezing!

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,109 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Evening temp in June?

Hi. It's 15 June and almost 10pm in Broome and I just checked our weather station and it's 23 degrees c. That sounds pretty good I know, but over the next 7 or so hours in will probably drop down to 15 or so degrees. It often will get lower that that at night at this time of year, especially when we have strong prevailing easterlies blowing from across the desert. So yes, pack a jacket or cardi - you will use it I guarantee it. Balmy, no not at this time of year - 3 weeks back yes and probably again early September. Keep warm Dominique.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,109 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Evening temp in June?

P.S It got down to 12 degrees C last night and is forecast to do so again tonight...brrrrrr.....get out ya woolies!

As for other packing tips.....day time temperatures will be between 26 and 30 degrees...so you still need to bring clothes for warm weather and of course, a good hat.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,712 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Evening temp in June?

Did no-one notice Dominique posted this in June 2006? At least anyone else heading north will have some idea as to night temps.:-)

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,109 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Evening temp in June?

Durrr, that's what you get when you do these things late at night - though some of you are on the ball! Now I wonder if she brought a cardi or not!

8. Re: Evening temp in June?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, September 03, 2009