We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kununurra to Broome guided tours

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
982 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Kununurra to Broome guided tours

I'm travelling to Kununurra in July to visit the Kimberley Coastal Camp and after I'm done there I will spend some time in Kununurra, taking in the Ord River, Bungle Bungles, Argyle tour, etc.

Initially I was going to book a few days in Broome on my way home as I'll have to go via Broome anyway to get back to Perth but I am now thinking joining a tour that will travel from Kununurra to Broome and take in the attractions along the way.

A 4WD type safari/tour would appeal most to me, but the vast majority appear to depart Broome to Kununurra and don't have a reverse option.

I'm travelling on my own this time so I don't want to do the drive myself, however I definitely will return in the near future to do self drive. Does anyone have any particular tour or company recommendations?

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
17,571 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kununurra to Broome guided tours

The tours that go from Broome to Kununurra mainly all go back again the opposite direction as well in my findings from previous research for a trip that never eventuated. It would help if you could advise the number of days you have available, whether you want to travel the Gibb River Road or highway, solid accommodation or safari tent etc.

Here is one that came up very quickly on a search:

trulyaustralia.com/wilderness/k4dayCampTour.…

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,535 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kununurra to Broome guided tours

Make contact with the visitor centre in Broome;

http://www.broomevisitorcentre.com.au/

or in Kununurra;

http://www.visitkununurra.com/

if you do not get a recommendation for a tour that suits.

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
982 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kununurra to Broome guided tours

Hi Frommy, yes that tour you've posted is the one I've also seen and have in mind if nothing else comes along. It's run by APT, my only hesitation being that I know APT tends to be favoured by mostly an older age group than I am.

I would prefer solid accommodation. Wild Adventure had a couple of tours but I am not overly keen in the basic camping style of travel.

I'd like to take one that traveled the Gibb, if possible, however this isn't a deal breaker as I intend to self drive the Gibb at some point.

I'd do 7 days at most as I plan for two and a half weeks in total which would accommodate my time at KCC, a couple free days in KNX, the tour to Broome and then a couple more days in Brooke before flying back to Perth.

4. Re: Kununurra to Broome guided tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:22 am, January 07, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Broome