We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Pearl

Victoria
Level Contributor
525 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
The Pearl

Has anyone stayed at The Pearl in a guest room?

If so, can you please let me know your thoughts, and recomenations.

Thanks Deb

1. Re: The Pearl

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 5:50 pm, October 09, 2011
Victoria
Level Contributor
525 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Pearl

Anyone else?

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,681 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Pearl

Hello, Being a local, I don't manage to stay at many of the local resorts or hotels, so I would say have a look at the reviews, unless you have already and see if you can find what you are looking for in amongst them;

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g255102-d114171…

Victoria
Level Contributor
525 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Pearl

Thanks for your reply Sue.

I have looked at the reviews and most in fact all of them are about other accommodation, I would really like to know what a guest room is like.

Also should we hire a car? etc We are in the planning stage of our holiday and any info would be great. Thanks again for replying

Deb

Western Australia
Level Contributor
451 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Pearl

Depends on what you want to do and how much you want to spend. If you are going to lounge about the resort, do some organised tours (expensive) and catch the bus into town just a few times you can manage without a car. I found we did need a car as we preferred to be out and about sight seeing but liked to return to our accomodation in the middle of the day for a swim. Waiting for the bus in the heat and fitting our activities around the bus timetable just does not work for us. Although we stayed at Cable Beach it took close to 15 mins to walk to the beach so strolling there and back for breakfast and again to watch the sunset was time consuming and not enjoyable in the heat.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,977 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Pearl

Have stayed across the road at Frangipani Resort several times and have walked over to the restaurant at the Pearl. This resort looked really pleasant - lots of thought to overall layout of resort, very lush and tropical. Interesting way the accom has been laid out each as 3 bedroom houses really - their "studio" rooms do not have full access to the individual plunge pools attached to each house - you need to rent the main house bedrooms for this however there was a nice central pool - not huge but attractive.

Depending on how long you are staying, we have found that hiring a car is highly recommended, and self-catering options work really well in tropical Broome - the supermarkets have good selections (we easily made up some kebabs with prawns and bacon one night) if you are happy to do some simple cooking for yourselves in facilities provided. Restaurants are not cheap and there are more choices on the east side in Broome township than on the Cable Beach west side.

Personally we preferred to dirve to Cable Beach even from this close during cooler August- heat can be very enervating this far north.still nice to come back for a swim in the pool. Contact me direct if you would like to ask more detailed questions as we looked right thru one of the Pearl resort's houses when they were still selling to potential investors.

Edited: 10:41 am, October 10, 2011
Perth
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Pearl

Hi

I have just booked a guest room at the Pearle after getting a great deal on deals.com.au.

I too read the reviews on TA, but had to trawl through 10 pages to find 5 reviews on the guest rooms. It seems most people book a villa.

From what I could tell the rooms are very small, but adequate. The small balcony with a table and 2 chairs helps a bit.

The room size is I think 30sqm. This is the same size as the average hotel room size.

As we would only really be sleeping in the room, I don't mind. I do plan to hire a car as the location and the bus timetable may pose a bit of a problem.

We aren't going until the end of October next year so won't really know until then!

My correspondence with the reception staff via email has been fantastic, so that gives a good first impression.

Victoria
Level Contributor
525 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Pearl

Thanks everyone for your replys.

Westaus,

We also have bought a voucher through Deals, but havent booked yet.

It's good to hear the staff have been great with your emails.

How was the booking process? did you have any probs getting your dates?

Kerry thanks for your reply, I probably will send you a pm to get some info if thats still okay.

We are really looking forward to spending time in Broome, to relax , and see just at much as we can.

Thanks Deb

Perth
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Pearl

Hi

They are booking out fast so you will need to book quickly or else you'll only get the wet season.

I wanted mid October but they were booked out . Second choice, I said any time in Oct or Nov. They had availability from 28th October through November.

I think you will need to narrow down a couple of options for dates and email them to see what is available.

I can't even get flights yet as they aren't out yet that far ahead, so I have just told a travel agent what dates I want and as soon as they are available she'll get them for me. Hopefully that way I can get the cheapest fares as soon as they come out.

Good luck with your booking and enjoy your holiday.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,681 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The Pearl

Let's know if any of you want me to do a 'recce' over there and I'll see if they will let me have a look through a guest room for you.

Get answers to your questions about Broome