We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horizontal Falls Trip

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Horizontal Falls Trip

Going to Broome later in July and am totally confused as to which is the best day or half day trip to Horizontal Falls.There a few tour companies to go with.Any help as to making a decision? Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
483 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Horizontal Falls Trip

Hi RichieR

I checked out the website and it looks amazing. Certainly something worth putting on the table to DH.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Horizontal Falls Trip

Did the full-day tour with Horizontal Falls Seaplane Adventures in August 2011 - originally were planning to do the half-day tour. The full day (pick up from our accommodation in Broome was at 5.30am returning about 4pm. Travelled by 4-wheel drive to Beagle Bay (Sacred Heart Church with shell altar) and had breakfast at Cape Leveque, a tour of One Arm Point Hatchery, then we boarded seaplane to Horizontal Falls and went through the two gaps on their fast boat. The road to Beagle Bay is unsealed and very corrugated but you only do it once going up as you return to Broome by seaplane. You can check the tides yourself and when the tides are low they do not run the tour. The full-day was an extra $100 and I really enjoyed the Beagle Bay Church, Hatchery and Cape Leveque. Hope this is helpful.

Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
122 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Horizontal Falls Trip

Half day - do the 5.30am trip - you'll be back by 11.30am. Excellent trip well worth doing. Seems $$ BUT when you factor in - bus transport from your accomm, 1 hr scenic seaplane flight there and back, houseboat use, shark feeding, breakfast and the fast boat ride into the magical horizontal falls and the great staff who guide you its well worth it. One of the best things Ive ever done.

sydney
Level Contributor
6 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Horizontal Falls Trip

Have just come back from a 5 week trip from Broome to Darwin - did it all ourselves - self drive - Horizontal Falls are a highlight not cheap but we were budgetting and were able to fit it in to our self planned trip. There is not much choice now as one comp went out of bus.. Seaplanes Horizontal Falls is great - take of from airport, land on lake have a great Barramundi lunch, go on jet boat thru falls (make sure tides are right as neep tides are no good) check out sharks and go for a great ride on jetboat after falls. You will love it Hope this helps

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
483 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Horizontal Falls Trip

Hi

I contacted the company a couple of months back. Unfortunately their planes have a 120kg weight limit and DH is around 135kg so not going to be able to do the trip. I am very disappointed as I was looking forward to it.

16. Re: Horizontal Falls Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, October 07, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Broome