We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help please...Info on 'Travel Wild Safaris & Expeditions'

Which Broome hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
Help please...Info on 'Travel Wild Safaris & Expeditions'

My husband and I are visiting Broome in May for the first time....I am so excited!! I would like to book a tour from Broome and preferably ending in Darwin that is reasonably priced.

I have come across Travel Wild Safaris & Expeditions that look pretty good but have been unable to find any feedback on their trips. We are happy to camp and rough it as this is the only way we can afford to do this trip but I don't want to get anything second rate that doesn't cover most of the 'must sees'. We would do the 'adventure' tour not the 'rugged' one.

I have looked at Kimberley Wild Expedtions but their departure times don't fit.

I would very much appreciate any help you can give especially around the quality of the company and the itinerary.

Thanks heaps

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,000 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help please...Info on 'Travel Wild Safaris & Expeditions'

Hello, we have driven through to Darwin a couple of times but have never gone on a tour such as the one you are describing.

There was a similar post to this a few weeks back and the advice given them and for you as well I believe, would be to contact the visitor centre here in Broome and they will best placed to advise you on who to go with.

enquiries@broomevisitorcentre.com.au

Enjoy your time in Broome and through to Darwin.

Australia
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help please...Info on 'Travel Wild Safaris & Expeditions'

Thank you for replying Soo-Darwin.

I gave the Broome information centre a call as I also was I bit worried about the roads being open due to all the rain they have had. They said that it might be a bit risky and that we might be better off going a bit later. They did give me some good info on a couple of tour companies but not on Travel Wild Safaris as it wasn't registered with them.

So I'm still none the wiser although we are now delaying our trip :)

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,000 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help please...Info on 'Travel Wild Safaris & Expeditions'

Yes, it has been a very wet 'Wet' especially for those in the north, east Kimberley. As you are probably aware, a lot of the area is inaccessible at the moment and even the road through to Derby is closed as of this morning.

We can only imagine that the roads, especially the dirt ones will most likely be late in opening, but it will be a spectacular year to visit all those great spots when they are open...the water in the gorges and falls will be incredible.

In the meantime, you may have someone come along who has travelled with this company and can give you the feedback you are looking for. Regards, Soo

4. Re: Help please...Info on 'Travel Wild Safaris & Expeditions'

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 pm, October 27, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Broome