We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is 10 nights in Broome too many

Which Broome hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
185 posts
181 reviews
Save Topic
Is 10 nights in Broome too many

We are intending to have a trip to Broome in September and really want to have a relaxing holiday, just wondering if we will get bored if we stay 10 nights? We would do some day trips and maybe a trip to the Bungle Bungles or a flight somewhere. I love Port Douglas because there is plenty to do, nice restaurants etc but you can do nothing if you want to. However have been to Port Douglas a number of times and thinking we should try somewhere new

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
20,979 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is 10 nights in Broome too many

Well, no I don't believe your will be bored.

I believe you will find plenty to fill your days, but I guess that also depends on what exactly you want to be doing.

There are quite a number of good restaurants in Broome. Places to visit on day trips or perhaps overnight. Scenic flights to take. Art galleries and a great museum. Visits to a pearl farm and Malcolm Douglas's crocodile park/s - www.malcolmdouglas.com.au/crocpark.html

An indoor cinema and the world's oldest operating outdoor cinema - Sun Pictures - http://www.broomemovies.com.au/history.html

Here's the link to the Broome Visitor's Centre and you can have a look at what's on offer, but please ask any specifics and I will try and given you an answer;

http://www.broomevisitorcentre.com.au/

and also the link the Broome Cam, so as you an check out the beach and the tidal movements;

http://www.broomecam.com/

Hope this gives you some insights into Broome.

Edited: 8:55 am, June 30, 2010
Phillip Island...
Level Contributor
503 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is 10 nights in Broome too many

We spent 10 nights in Broome a few years ago and weren't bored. However, we were also looking for some serious R & R and pool/beach time. But, we didn't find we were stuck for things to do.

We did the Willie Creek Pearl tour, a harley trike tour around Broome and to Gantheume Point, an astronomy tour at night which was great and hubby did two microlight trike flights which he loved! We also had a wander around Broome town. Ate out at a few different restaurants/cafe's.

I would have liked to do the hovercraft tour and a boat sailing tour but we went in late October/early Nov and they weren't on at that time. That's the only thing I'd suggest - checking out what might interest you and seeing if it is on in September. Probably will be, but wont hurt to check.

As for flights, I really wanted to do the flight over the Buccaneer Archipelago. THAT looked awesome, but we just got too lazy and comfy after a few days (I think the heat (37 degrees and humidity around 70% zapped a lot of our energy and it seemed too much effort LOL.

You could also do a trip out to Cape Leveque or into Derby..... there's heaps to do really. Depends what you like....

Hope this helps. :-)

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
29,854 posts
1,348 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is 10 nights in Broome too many

Hi,

10 days - in Nth WA - Bored - NEVER .....

especially in September when the weather is blissful and beautiful.

Soo-Darwin and Woolamai have given you excellent tips on how to enjoy Nth WA ( Broome) ....

You may be lucky to catch the The Stairway to the Moon, (March to October )

kimberleycruises.com/helpful-hints/events-ca…

EM.

Aussie
Level Contributor
55 posts
343 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is 10 nights in Broome too many

Broome is totally different from Port Douglas. It's a tropical outpost as opposed to the hordes of tourists near Port Douglas like Kuranda, where the Japanese tourist buses spew toxic fumes around.

Broome is open and clean with no traffic lights (hooray!!) and if you love chilling out, 10 days is great to get into the very relaxed way of life known as "Broome time."

Cable Beach is a beautiful long beach and you can do all sorts of day trips as other posters have suggested.

5. Re: Is 10 nights in Broome too many

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 16, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Broome