We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sleeping bags or just swags in early July

Which Broome hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
mt emu
Level Contributor
92 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Sleeping bags or just swags in early July

Thanks for the previous help we have booked for the 8 day wild kimberley tour just need some more local advice. It IS camping in swags we can hire sleeping bags as extra but ta suggested we needn't bother just sheets and swag would be warm enough as it will be the 1st week in July. I wouldn't have thought it was far enough inland to get that cold o/night as I am well aware inland desert areas do, so would appreciate local advice as not fun if you can't sleep bc you're cold. What do you think?

Alice Springs...
Destination Expert
for Red Centre
Level Contributor
789 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sleeping bags or just swags in early July

We're going to be up there much the same time and I'll have the flanny sheets & doona in the swag.

I've been across the Gibb and into the Bungles many times and have experienced frost & ice on more than one occasion. I'd be getting the sleeping bag. And go for the layered approach in clothes. Shorts & T shirt will be fine during the day, but early morning & evening you might be grateful of the tracky dakkies over the top.

Expect the waterholes to be somewhat cool too!!

Have fun!

sydney
Level Contributor
121 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sleeping bags or just swags in early July

Just returned from the Bungle Bungles in June and would highley recommend very warm clothes and bedding at night. During the day it was beautiful but freezing at night. We all slept in many clothes, a sleeping bag and a swag.

East Gippsland
Level Contributor
3,967 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sleeping bags or just swags in early July

Amnd warm socks/bed socks. . I know someone who wore a beanie as well. Warm head, warm heart, warm toes.

4. Re: Sleeping bags or just swags in early July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, December 26, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Broome