We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Melbourne Airport B&B

San Jose, CA
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Melbourne Airport B&B

Hi -

I am looking for accomodations somewhat near the airport so my wife, 1 yr old son and I can still enjoy the quaintness of a nice B&B or inn but still make our 7am flight to Cairns the next morning.

We are staying at the Georgian Court in E. Melbourne for one night and wasn't sure this would be convenient for the early airport transfer.

Thanks.

Glenlyon, Australia
Level Contributor
4,180 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Melbourne Airport B&B

B&B's are for country towns, seaside resorts and such places. Not usually near an airport. You have hit it on the head when you use the word 'quaintness' - Tullamarine and Airport West are not quaint - they are outer suburbs. I am afraid the best you will get out there are motels and hotels. Any B&B's (and I am afraid I dont know that market well cos they dont figure big in the accomodation lists of most cities outside what I mentioned above) will be in the inner city if at all (and few and far between).

East Melbourne where you mention is about 25-30 klms from the airport - taxi would be the best way. How convenient- well depends on your definition. Given you leave at 7am a taxi at say 4.30 or 5am should fly to the airport (freeway most of the way) as it would still be before peak hour. But you would need to book one the night before.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
3,247 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Melbourne Airport B&B

Boilers

The area around the airport is quite industrial. There are a couple of motels but nothing very flash in the surrounding suburbs. At the airport itself is a Hilton, a Holiday Inn & a Formula 1 motel (very basic). My pick there would be the Hilton, on the top floors you get great views overlooking the airport itself if you like that sort of thing, which I do.

There are some B&B's in a town called Sunbury about 15 kms further north of the airport but I think getting back early in the morning would be more of a problem than getting a taxi from East Melbourne.

3. Re: Melbourne Airport B&B

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, August 19, 2009