We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Entertainer / discount voucher book Melbourne?

Which Melbourne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
347 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Entertainer / discount voucher book Melbourne?

Hi all,

So here in UAE we have the entertainer voucher book which gives buy one get one free on attractions eating out etc, is there anything similar in Melbourne?

I did a search online but couldn't see anything obvious.

Thanks

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
20,237 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Entertainer / discount voucher book Melbourne?

Yes, there is an Entertainment Book, we've found it very useful. If you have one from the same organisation for another city you can buy them online, otherwise you will have to get one from one of the organisations selling them as a fundraiser. They have a list of these and a lot of charities sell them in their charity shop at this time of the year. Changeover date for the books is June 1.

https://www.entertainmentbook.com.au

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Entertainer / discount voucher book Melbourne?

We buy the book each year and whilst it is aimed at locals, there are plenty of excellent coupons for the major tourist destinations. I would recommend you investing the $65 as you will get your savings back very fast, even as a tourist. On top of that, about $13 will go to charity so it's a win win!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Entertainer / discount voucher book Melbourne?

Their website isn't that helpful for finding out how to buy online, so maybe buy from the Anti-Cancer Council:

www.cancervic.org.au/store/entertainment-book

melbourne
Level Contributor
19 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Entertainer / discount voucher book Melbourne?

When are you coming? If it is before June 30 I have heaps of vouchers in my entertainment book I am not going to use I would be happy to pass them on to somebody who will.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
20,237 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Entertainer / discount voucher book Melbourne?

@ Vanilla_Iceland: sorry, I wasn't clear: you can't buy them online unless you already own one for another city (which would have been purchased from some fundraising group). I used to be involved with groups which sold them for fundraising but no longer. Trying to buy a new one online from Entertainment Books themselves was impossible, even though I've bought them for over 10 years (actually probably more like 20 years now that I think of it). And living in the country I would have had to pay an extra $10 for postage from a fundraising group :-(. In the end I visited the WA Cancer Council shop on a trip to the city.

@makeup_lady, I think you'll find they expire on May 30, not June 30. All the reminders I've had to renew my book mention June 1 as the date the new books start.

Edited: 7:40 am, May 20, 2014
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
347 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Entertainer / discount voucher book Melbourne?

Thanks everyone, the one we have here is slightly different and not conned to a charity but I'll definitely get it when I get there I arrive 18th July for 3 weeks so I think we'll make good use of it, thanks for the offer of vouchers very nice of you but believe they won't be valid, I'll just grab one when I get there

Thank you

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
347 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Entertainer / discount voucher book Melbourne?

Connected not conned doh!

Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Entertainer / discount voucher book Melbourne?

Hi

@Loups, if you are a smartphone user, there is another option in Melbourne beside the Entertainment Book. Its called Liven. Entertainment Book is expensive, its $65, Liven is only $9.99 for now (promotional price). You can download it now by going to www.liven.com.au. Since you are tourist, I am concerned that if you invest $65, whether you stay here long enough to make it worth, it is a good deal if you are using it for over a year for sure. But with Liven, you will make profit after only one use because deals are very good 25% to 50% and so cheap the membership. Its free to sign up too, I think you get to go to certain places without being member as well. Buying membership is also very easy. You can do it all within the app. And there's no such thing as crossover date. It's valid for a whole year from the date you sign up.

Another option is to go something called Groupon. This one is not like a book but you have to pay first then bring the coupon to the venue, sometimes you can get a really good deal. www.groupon.com But you sort of have to wait and book in advance as well, maybe a bit complicated for tourist too.

Good luck :)

Edited: 7:23 am, June 13, 2014
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Entertainer / discount voucher book Melbourne?

@Loups,

Here I found the direct links to download Liven app from their Facebook page:

‪#‎Android‬ - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details…

‪#‎IPhone‬ - https:/…id857653005

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Victoria, Road Trips
Level Contributor
4,500 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Entertainer / discount voucher book Melbourne?

When all of a posters posts mention a particular website or app, it always looks suspiciously like self promotion to me....