We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Flower Drum

London, England
Level Contributor
2,172 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
The Flower Drum

Me and my friend would like to eat here when we are in Melbourne 30th Sept - 6th Oct, but i can't seem to find a website for them anywhere. Can someone advise how i go about make a reservation, or if a reservation is even required?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Melbourne
Melbourne
Victoria, Australia
Scopri
$$ - $$$, Italian
El Rincon
$$ - $$$, Mediterranean, European, Spanish
London, England
Level Contributor
2,172 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: The Flower Drum

Sounds like fun, i'm always up for a party! Unfortunately my flight doesn't land until 8pm, so i probably won't get out of the airport and into the city till around 9:30-ish. Will everyone still be partying then?!

Will - Thanks again for all your help! :)

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: The Flower Drum

Hey guys.

I'm thinking about taking my 13 yr old (very polite) son to the Flower Drum while we are in Melbourne as well. How do I go about making a reservation?

Thanks again for all your help!

Robin

Mentioned in this post
Flower Drum
Flower Drum
1,151 Reviews
Melbourne, Australia
Melbourne
Melbourne
Victoria, Australia
Geelong...
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
3,830 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: The Flower Drum

Ukdiva, the party will still be going I am sure. Sat nights are normally pretty busy in town anyway, so expect it to be still well and truly alive when you hit the streets.

Robin, I am in Queensland at the minute on a short holiday. I don't mind helping out with a booking next week, or I can send you the phone number....bit of an expensive way to book though :-)). Will

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: The Flower Drum

Will,

I'm sure next week (or anytime that works for you) would be fine. We'll be arriving in Melbourne evening of Sept 7 and leaving Sept 12 in the early afternoon, so the 8th, 9th,10th or 11th would be fine. :)

Thanks again,

Robin

Mentioned in this post
Melbourne
Melbourne
Victoria, Australia
Melbourne
Level Contributor
3,247 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: The Flower Drum

Hi Robin

Don't want to step on Willnino's toes here but thought I would post the phone no. in case you wanted to go down that route before Will gets back. Its 61 3 9662 3655. As far as I can see they don't have a website on even an email address. Must be doing very well as they don't even have an ad in the local Yellow Pages. I'm sure Willnino will be able to make the booking for you when he returns from Queensland (lucky fella).

London, England
Level Contributor
2,172 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: The Flower Drum

I know, it's quite an elusive place, this restaurant! Must survive on word of mouth publicity! Does anyone know if there is any website that has a copy of their menu? I like to study these things beforehand to decide what i want to eat! :)

Melbourne
Level Contributor
3,247 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: The Flower Drum

Hi Tracey

I haven't had the pleasure of dining at the Flower Drum but friends who have suggest asking the waiter / maitre to suggest a banquet or you meals for the evening, but always check it suits your diet or meal requirements. Having said that they all always rave about the meals. If you want to try some cheaper options whilst here I can recommend Fortuna Village & The Mask Of China ( both top 10 in Australia Chinese restaurants $$) and much less expensive The Golden Orchid at about $20.00 a head. All are in on just off China Town in Little Collins Street.

Mentioned in this post
Flower Drum
Flower Drum
1,151 Reviews
Melbourne, Australia
Australia
Australia
South Pacific
Collins Street
Collins Street
628 Reviews
Melbourne, Australia
Geelong...
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
3,830 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: The Flower Drum

Robin, no luck at all with the booking. First available dinner booking is the end of September. They do have lunch bookings available on the days you mentioned. I have put you down on the waiting list with my mobile number as a contact number. You will have to get back to me with what you would like to do. They really are very popular, aren't they. Will

London, England
Level Contributor
2,172 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: The Flower Drum

Seems like they get booked up pretty well in advance then! I'm expecting greatness from my meal in that case! ;)

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: The Flower Drum

Hi Will.

Thank you so very much for trying. My son and I will be staying at the Causeway, so we'll find something. Melbourne has so much to do, and we are leaving next Wednesday (going to Brissie first yanno)

Thanks again for trying

Robin

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Causeway
Hotel Causeway
378 Reviews
Melbourne, Australia
Melbourne
Melbourne
Victoria, Australia