We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

novastargate

england
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
novastargate

hello all, has anyone stayed at the novastargate apartments in melbourne and can you tell me what you think, we are a family of 2 adults and 1 12yr old and are thinking of staying in one of there 2 bed apartments, would this place be a good choose

Melbourne
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: novastargate

Hi Travelmadfamily

I work at another hotel around the corner from the Nova Stargate. We suggest the Nova if our 1 bedroom apartments are booked out or if we have a large conference. Their prices are usually quite moderate.

Our area of the city is quite central wirh most areas of the city within easy walking distance or a short tram ride.

The Nova is of a good standard however it is fairly plain offically rated at 4.5 stars it is closer to a 4 star in reality. They do not have a restuarant etc however you will have your own kitchen and Melbourne has lots of restaurants and cafe's like Cafe Y just around the corner which serves breakfast, lunch & coffee.

Melbourne has quite a few apartment style hotels however most are the similar with limted services. Yet if you are reletaviley self sufficent these are a good choice.

I hope this helps you a little.

Gary

Mentioned in this post
Melbourne
Melbourne
Victoria, Australia
england
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: novastargate

just an after thought gary i am having a lot of trouble finding 2 bedaprtments in melbourne sounds like you know of some could you give me the names of some to check them out it would be such a help

thanks

ann

Melbourne
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: novastargate

Hi Ann

There are a couple of apartment groups in Melbourne that have mutiple hotels / locations in the CBD & inner suburbs. Try;

Punt Hill Apartments (about 7 locations)

Sommerset - Part of the Ascot Group (about 4 locations)

Pacific International (about 4-5 locations)

Quest (about 8 locations)

Darling Towers (about 4 locations)

Most of these have a central reservations that can check which locations have 2 bedroom apartments & if they are available on your dates. Their websites are usually thier business name ending in .com.au (sorry you are not allowed to post commercial websites in this forum).

As there are only 3 of you a 1 bedroom apartment might be ok for you. Most 1 bedroom apartments have a sofa bed in the Lounge / Dining area.

Good luck I am sure you will find something suitable.

Gary

Mentioned in this post
Melbourne
Melbourne
Victoria, Australia
england
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: novastargate

Thank you Gary, i think i will stay with the Novastaragte , as we do need a 2 bed apartment as my son needs his own space and we need ours ,do you happen to know of any Melbourne tourist shop/office that i could get in touch with to book up through ,as they seem to be cheaper than me going direct, i have managed to do this in Perth for my 5 day stay bit am having trouble finding the same kind of place in Melbourne to book with

Thank you Ann

Mentioned in this post
Melbourne
Melbourne
Victoria, Australia
Perth
Perth
Greater Perth, Australia