We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Prix

Lynchburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
274 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Prix

I have very little knowledge about F1 and grand prix. But since I'm here I want to check it out. I understand that Saturday is qualifying and Sunday is the actual race. Whats happening on the track Thursday and Friday? If I purchase GA tickets will I actually be able to see anything? Ive been on the website and read about the celeb race but I didnt see a date for it. Since I'm a newbie anything you want to share will be appreciated. We're in an apt. building with a relatively close view of Albert Lake. Not sure what the park extends out to. But I think we can walk to the event which is why I mention my location.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,807 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Grand Prix

Frommy :

PP hasn't posted - that's Perfectly Perth :-)

I suggested to OP to dig deeper - not you - you already had - I was reiterating...

I have suggested this year's cars may be quieter - I have no idea how loud they will be - my point was that my OTT requirements for ear protection may not be necessary as the car engine configuration is new.

Lynchburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
274 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Grand Prix

Thx. Everyone. I was looking for a schedule of events. Perhaps specifics have yet to be released.

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
18,595 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Grand Prix

Whoops. Sorry Perthite. :(

perth
Level Contributor
1,683 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Grand Prix

Thursday is usually free entry in Melbourne. it is also the best day for seeing all the f1 drivers as they do public interviews in a set area where fans can line up for autographs. it is also a good day to check out all the displays and activities. there are usually v8 supercars and porches doing practice and plenty of entertainment on the track. you can buy race day only tickets for general admission and some grandstands. Melbourne has some excellent general admission areas with good viewing of the track and on the screens

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Grand Prix

I am also going to the F1with some of my mates, we are flying in from all over the world and cant wait- we have tickets for each of the stands on different days!

Can anyone give me an idea of how the weather typically is? I know about the recent heatwave etc. but normaly whats it like- I live in Dubai and curently its pretty chilly in the evening at around 17-20c and day is reaching max like 28c

Should I be prepared for these sorts of temperatures?

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: Grand Prix

I am also going to the F1with some of my mates, we are flying in from all over the world and cant wait- we have tickets for each of the stands on different days!

Can anyone give me an idea of how the weather typically is? I know about the recent heatwave etc. but normaly whats it like- I live in Dubai and curently its pretty chilly in the evening at around 17-20c and day is reaching max like 28c

Should I be prepared for these sorts of temperatures?

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
257 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Grand Prix

We were there last year for the Friday Saturday and Sunday had tickets for the Weber stand would not recommend this stand as there is not much action.

Regarding the weather last year they had to cancel the Saturday practice due to the track being flooded by heavy rain and on the Sunday it was only 13c and bitter cold due to the wind coming up from the Antarctic we had 4 layers on to keep warm, admittedly they did warn us on the Saturday that is was to be cold.

So looks like you don't know what the weather going to throw at you.

Merc

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,807 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Grand Prix

Re Post #12 by original OP - the schedule of events is still being finalised. Just keep checking the site. It can change even when announced though so be prepared to be flexible.

Re Post # 15 (& 16) - Melbourne is known for its' 4 seasons in one day. Just monitor the BOM site www.bom.gov.au for Melbourne weather - and then bring some of everything to wear! If you think 17 - 20 is chilly, I would suggest more warm clothes than cool....Remember though - we do have shops in Aus!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Grand Prix

Hi There Grand Prix Fans!

Was anyone in the Melbourne CBD on the Saturday during the time trials?

I just want to know what the noise in the city was like on the Sat with the new engines.

ie. was it disruptive, annoying or just a humming background noise.

Why would I want to know the sound in the CBD you ask? I'm getting Married on 14th March 2015 in the CBD - yep that's right, Grand Prix weekend! haha

I'd appreciate your responses very much!

Thanks!

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
18,595 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Grand Prix

There was no need to post the same question on three old threads.