We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FREE Outdoor Cinema (Silent Movies with live Music) -NOV '13

Which Melbourne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
FREE Outdoor Cinema (Silent Movies with live Music) -NOV '13

Hi All,

I thought this might be of interest to silent movie &/or music lovers. All free, in Carlton. Byo picnic, blanket and chairs etc.

Sounds of Silent are five lively and accomplished musicians who also have a love of old movies. They recreate the silent movie experience from the 20s & '30s but with fun and popular music that the whole family are going to adore.

See http://www.soundsofsilent.com/p/biogs.html or weekendnotes website.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
23,123 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: FREE Outdoor Cinema (Silent Movies with live Music) -NOV '13

Brilliant!

For a free outdoor cinema, Id be bubbling over for a BYO picnic and good music. Definitely worthy suggestion for locals and visitors alike.

Great post Peter, thanks for that.

not in japan yet
Level Contributor
125 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: FREE Outdoor Cinema (Silent Movies with live Music) -NOV '13

that sounds awesome and coincides with my time there! I will be sure to check this out!

Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
3,747 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: FREE Outdoor Cinema (Silent Movies with live Music) -NOV '13

What a find! Thanks for sharing.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
8,523 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: FREE Outdoor Cinema (Silent Movies with live Music) -NOV '13

Wow...fantastic..thanks. Thought it meant November the 13th and I can't go then..but it's on this coming Saturday....the 9th and I can go...yay

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
16,950 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: FREE Outdoor Cinema (Silent Movies with live Music) -NOV '13

Great venue! Grab a pizza or a Gelati and then after the movie stroll down Lygon St for a coffee.

My guess is that if the weather is good it will get crowded as it's quite a small space - so get there early.

6. Re: FREE Outdoor Cinema (Silent Movies with live Music) -NOV '13

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:36 am, October 31, 2014
7. Re: FREE Outdoor Cinema (Silent Movies with live Music) -NOV '13

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:36 am, October 31, 2014
8. Re: FREE Outdoor Cinema (Silent Movies with live Music) -NOV '13

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, November 01, 2015