We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Work Holiday Visa

Ellicott City
2 posts
Save Topic
Work Holiday Visa

I'm trying to get my Work Holiday visa. I have everything set except for the sufficient funds. I am 20 and I still will be depending on my dad for this trip regarding the rent, food, etc. My dad is able to support me there, but he does not have 5000 dollars extra in his account to show in a bank statement, just because we weren't planning on it so he would be putting money in my account time by time. The reason why I'm going is to get the work experience from there and to learn about the culture and I have everything set to go in 2 months. So is there a way to show that I will be able to support myself without him putting 5000 dollars in my/his account to state that I/we have enough for me to stay there, work, and support myself without having any problems?

Level Contributor
18,132 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Work Holiday Visa

ACA44 is a self proclaimed 'senior consultant' who 'assists' people with visa and migration issues. I do hope that he/she gives better advice to paying clients than that which we are seeing on this thread.

Raymond Terrace...
Level Contributor
1,113 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Work Holiday Visa

Actually PP & Luigi, my cousin works in immigration at Sydney Airport. The information I have provided her has come from him ...

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
26,454 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Work Holiday Visa

>>>human nature to profile people this way<<<

Yep, and there's been disasters due to it.

Famous story in a luxury Hyatt hotel in the US during the mid 90's.

A bunch of old blokes just off a fishing trip, walked into the lobby of the hotel. Noticing the rather 'tatty' appearance, one of the staff stopped the men and enquired as to whether he could help. All they wanted was a coffee and few sandwiches. Not happy with their appearance, the staff requests if they can be seated to see if the restaurant has availability. Instead he goes off to find his manager.

Along comes the manager, and states that they have dress codes, and that they don't take patrons of "your sort". Nothing more was said, and men quietly left.

A week later. Three department heads and two managers were fired. Those men were the President and Vice President of Hyatt International, and their family.

Of course the flip side to this story - Google "Well Dressed Conmen" and see how many hits you get.

Edited: 1:18 am, January 24, 2014
South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
28,863 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Work Holiday Visa

Vicki, I'm sorry to offend you and your friend who has a job somewhere. My exhortation was against kind-hearted people giving chatty-but-useless motherhood advice about the crucially important issue of visas and entry requirements. There is only one useful source of such information: the Immi website.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
15,920 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Work Holiday Visa

Especially when they are likely to be sending PMs to the OPS to rustle up business !!

26. Re: Work Holiday Visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 26, 2015