We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great ocean road

Which Melbourne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
7 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Great ocean road

Hi after spending 5 days in the city we are hiring a car and driving to Port Campbell staying overnight and then heading to Apollo Bay taking in the sights on the way staying overnight in Apollo Bay leaving the next day for the airport for an evening flight to christchurch is this doable or should we go the opposite way Apollo bay first then Port Campbell then inland back to the airport.

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great ocean road

I would choose the second option.

less stressful drive back to the airport.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great ocean road

Another \ vote for the 2nd option. Safe travels.

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great ocean road

Third vote for the second option ;)

Melbourne, Australia
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Great ocean road

Yup ..no brainer....finish off all the sightseeing on the way out and then drive straight back.

Safe travels!

5. Re: Great ocean road

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:21 pm, September 16, 2013
6. Re: Great ocean road

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:20 am, August 04, 2013
Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
14,560 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Great ocean road

Another vote for the second option. And for the people saying two days is not enough, we spent a week but keep in mind overseas visitors typically want to see some variety in their limited time, which Faye acknowledged. Samantha, I hope your post won't raise concerns for the OP and make them second-guess their plans for no valid reason, of course longer is lovely but two full days is perfectly fine and adequate. Btw what's the story with that link, I see you've "partnered" with some companies?

Edited: 9:54 pm, August 02, 2013
8. Re: Great ocean road

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:22 am, August 04, 2013
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12,528 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Great ocean road

<<<the link - I write a travel blog and as per TA guidelines I am allowed to have the link to my blog in my signature. I really enjoy travel and like helping people, being able to give new and different ideas or help them with their plans. I have worked in hotels and tourism for many years before moving into what im doing now, but it seems to be in my blood :)>>>

Many years???? You are 24 years old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,355 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Great ocean road

Hi Mozzie,

Your post is not helpful to the OP, maybe you should try a helpful approach :)

Thanks and have a lovely day