We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My 'Do it Yourself' Chocolate Tour Ideas for Chocoholics

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
My 'Do it Yourself' Chocolate Tour Ideas for Chocoholics

For those on a budget, I thought I would share my ideas for a do it yourself Chocolate Tour around Melbourne. I was in the city (Melb CBD) recently and I was really shocked to see that a private chocolate tour would cost my family [of 4] $120 for a 1.5-2 hour guided tour! I am not sure if there are free ones ? but here are some ideas of places to visit, in order of my personal preference:

Ganache Chocolate

Haighs Chocolate

Chocolate Secret Boutique

Cacao Fine Chocolates

Theobroma Chocolate Lounge

Chokolait

Others include Lindt & Koko Black but I don't like these cafes as I think they run on their reputation and unassuming tourists!) Also, Max Brenner but I think they're more of a chainstore than a real chocolate shop.

Better go on that diet now.... :)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: My 'Do it Yourself' Chocolate Tour Ideas for Chocoholics

Thanks all. Mental note made for Yarra Valley Chocolaterie & Daylesford Chocolate Mill. Another good excuse to travel...

Rob - love the map. Thanks for sharing.

Melbourne...
Level Contributor
211 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: My 'Do it Yourself' Chocolate Tour Ideas for Chocoholics

You can add the Lint shop in Collins st to the list. Their hot choccy is to die for.

13. Re: My 'Do it Yourself' Chocolate Tour Ideas for Chocoholics

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 31, 2014