We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dancing in Melbourne for oldies!

Level Contributor
19 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Dancing in Melbourne for oldies!

A group of late 40 year old ladies are heading to Melbourne in September. My job is to find the place to go dancing. We've been twice before but have yet to find somewhere that plays 70s/80s/90s music but doesn't make us feel like everyone's Mum! We are there Friday, Saturday and Sunday - maybe it's impossible to find somewhere for the older crowd over the weekend?

We are staying in the CBD but happy to catch a cab to the right place.

Any suggestions very welcome as I've failed on both previous occasions!

Thank you

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dancing in Melbourne for oldies!

Late 40's is not my definition of "oldies"! I will be watching this site to see what everyone comes up with so then this oldie can join in.

My friend has been to the Doncaster Hotel's over 28's and he said most patrons were definitely in the mid 40's to 50's range. He felt really comfortable there and the music was definitely 70's & 80's music. Not sure of which places are avail in the city though.

Have a great night out regardless.

Edited: 1:51 am, May 24, 2013
2. Re: Dancing in Melbourne for oldies!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 26, 2014