We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Melbourne - Romantic, but inexpensive

Melbourne, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Trip to Melbourne - Romantic, but inexpensive

My girlfriend and I are planning a first weekend away together in melbourne over the easter weekend, I've been working away in the military for sometime now and it will be the first time we've seen each other in some time, I'd like a way to impress her with out going over board, we're staying at the Enterprize/Great Southern Hotel,

I'm thinking perhaps Cirque Du Soleil, Venice on the Yarra or something similar to that,

I'm looking for suggestions on how to woo her and keep her interested and happy.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Melbourne - Romantic, but inexpensive

Why not head down to the Moonlight Cinema? It's pretty cozy and a lovely spot for a romantic date. Bring a picnic basket and seating mat or you can opt to rent the outdoor seatings (bean bags) + definitely bring a warm rug. I suggest pre-purchasing your ticket online - www.moonlight.com.au/melbourne/program/

Have fun!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Melbourne - Romantic, but inexpensive

If you like the Arts, you may enjoy The Famous Spiegletent. St Kilda road, near the Arts Centre is lovely with the lights in the evenings. spiegeltent.net/content.php/category/id/31

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,131 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Melbourne - Romantic, but inexpensive

If she's a Cirque fan then get the premium package for Ovo -bound to impress.

And champagne on ice in the room is a must.

Oh yes - arrange a late checkout. Nothing is sure to spoil t he mood as much as a rushed departure in the morning.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip to Melbourne - Romantic, but inexpensive

What about the Melbourne Tramcar for dinner or is this too tacky/touristy?

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
4,534 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip to Melbourne - Romantic, but inexpensive

Melb Tramcar is great. I hate tacky, touristy stuff but this isn't like that. Food is good too.

6. Re: Trip to Melbourne - Romantic, but inexpensive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, March 23, 2014