We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Melbourne

Shanghai, China
1 post
Save Topic
Melbourne

I will finish a small grouo tours @ grant ocean road till Feb. 16, 2013, and will spent 7 days in melbourne. To spend 3-4 days in Adelaide and Alice Springs are putting in my consideration. From searching the web, there are group tours from Melbourne to Adelaide which passing by Grant Ocean Road which is overlapped my past tours, and no interest to repeat it. So Alice Springs will be more first choice. But, are there any other places I can visit in Melbourne with a group tour?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Melbourne

From Melbourne you can take a group tour to places like Phillip Island & penguin parade, the Dandenong Ranges & Puffing Billy steam train, historic Ballarat/Sovereign Hil, Macedon Ranges/Daylesford, Mornington Peninsula and wineries, Yarra Valley & Healesville (wineries and wildlife sacturary). Some are half day tours, some are full day or at night, and some can be taken as overnight tours.

Edited: 6:27 pm, December 10, 2012
Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,032 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Melbourne

Hello Acho T,

Check - www.visitvictoria.com.au - and look at the Regions tab. This will give you ideas for day or longer trips out of Melbourne, but also includes loads of information about what you can do in Melbourne itself. You can book those trips from the Melbourne Visitor Centre when you get here, or book online through various company websites.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,501 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Melbourne

As someone who grew up in Adelaide, I wouldnt recommend going there on your holiday. There isnt much to see unless you venture out intothe wineries. Alice Springs is very unique and will be most likely something you havent experienced before. Uluru (Ayers Rock) is wow and the centre of Australia has so much to offer in terms of learning about the indigenous culture.

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
865 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Melbourne

Have you thought maybe of visiting Tasmania, February will be super hot in the red cente, if you do there, remember to take a fly net for your face. I do love Tasmania, it's a shame more overseas visitors don't go there. Lots of native wildlife, gorgeous beaches, scenery...worth considering . Check it out on line, it is only a short flight from melbourne, or overnight/day boat trip.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,501 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Melbourne

Maple has a point about the weather. Even in Adelaide, the temperature can get up to 35-40C during February.

6. Re: Melbourne

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, December 19, 2013