We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Victoria Hotel - Location, Location!

Which Melbourne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tasmania
Level Contributor
111 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Victoria Hotel - Location, Location!

Hi all,

I just posted a review for this hotel on this site and now i can't find it! I must be a bit useless, because even though i think this is a fantastic website, i get lost around here easily! Hee, hee! Anyhow, here is what i wrote:

"Hi,

My husband and i just spent 2 nights at the Victoria Hotel in Melbourne city. After hearing what a 'dump' this place used to be, we thought we would give it a go and were pleasantly suprised! We booked a double room with ensuite, and although this is definitely no 'Hilton', we were very impressed by the friendly staff, clean small rooms, and good hotel facilities (spa, small pool, internet cafe, bar with good pool table!), but most of all the LOCATION won us over! Ten steps down Little Collins Street and we were in the heart of the city! We also took a stroll from the Rod Laver Arena and was at our hotel room in no time. The only down-side to the hotel was the view (you don't get one!!). We kept our blinds closed most of the weekend or else look straight at brick walls or pipes, etc! We paid a little extra to get breakfast included with our accommodation and am pleased to say it was fantastic -although the que 'to be seated' each morning was ridiculously long and slow for some reason?!

After reading reviews on this site, we asked for a 'quiet room' when we booked and they did not disappoint. We are sensitive to noise, as we live in the middle of the bush, but we slept very soundly on both nights.

So, if you are after a place for a few nights, are on a budget ($120 per night), want to be very close to the city, and are not worried about spending too much time in your hotel room, then i'd recommend the Victoria Hotel!"

Cheers

Lyn

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
572 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Victoria Hotel - Location, Location!

When did you send in the review? Sometimes it takes a couple of days to actually be posted.

Glenlyon, Australia
Level Contributor
4,180 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Victoria Hotel - Location, Location!

Yes- if you write the review and "send" then it goes to TA Headquarters for a quick once over to make sure it meets their guidelines. As this is in the US - and they are effectively a day behind it can take several days - particularily if you write the review on the weekend where it is still Sunday there (being Monday here). If nothing has appeared by the end of the week - then maybe rewrite the thing and send again - just in case you may have not pushed the right button the first time.

:)

Tasmania
Level Contributor
111 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Victoria Hotel - Location, Location!

Ohhh, o.k!

Thanks guys! Now i know to 'hold-my-horses' before jumping in. I wrote it a couple hours before i put it on the forum, so it's obviously gonna be a few days!

Cheers

Lyn