We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train prices

braehead
Level Contributor
251 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Train prices

Can anyone tell me the price of train journey from Geelong to Melbourne please thanks

Broadford, Australia
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,181 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train prices

Peak, full fare, one way is $10.60

braehead
Level Contributor
251 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train prices

Thanks very much for your help

Melbourne
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
Level Contributor
5,651 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train prices

Sorry Unclefey, but I'm not too sure where you get $10.60 from. The fares between Melbourne and Geelong vary according to the time of day you travel. For example, you can travel off peak, one way, full fare for $7.20. Or during peak time travel, the cost is $10.30.

http://www.vline.com.au/fares-and-tickets/

vline.com.au/fares-and-tickets/fares/peakoff…

braehead
Level Contributor
251 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train prices

Thanks very much for your help

Broadford, Australia
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,181 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train prices

I am SO sorry Navy, I must have typed the wrong number. It is actually $10.30 for the peak, one-way full fare, not $10.60. mea culpa mea culpa mea culpa.

I gave the OP the highest fare option for the trip, not knowing their travel times, age or any concessions. That way, if they arrive at Southern Cross and it's LESS than I quoted, they won't be short for the fares and might even have enough left over to buy a coffee. Now, at the very least they will be .30c richer!

6. Re: Train prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 pm, December 14, 2013