We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone stayed at stork hotel before? (around elizabeth...

Which Melbourne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
asia
5 posts
Save Topic
Anyone stayed at stork hotel before? (around elizabeth...

Hi there,

it'll be our first time in melbourne and we were wondering if any of you had stayed or know anything about the stork hotel along elizabeth street. We were planning to book a place with them but not too sure yet till we hear some reviews so please help! thanks!

Melbourne
Level Contributor
3,247 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone stayed at stork hotel before? (around elizabeth...

Hi

I haven't stayed there but do know the Stork Hotel. It is a small city pub that has converted its upstairs area to B&B/Bacpackers accomodation (Seperate entrance from the bar). It is an OK friendly sort of pub that does good meals down stairs and has live music a couple of times a week. Not loud nightclub type music but more blues and country music.

Please don't have expectations of a multi story Hilton or Holiday Inn type place because it isn't that. I looked at the photos on their website and they look as I would exoect them to based on the parts of the pub I have seen.

What this place does have is a fabulous location. Across the road from Queen Victoria Marker and all of its bargains and just a short walk of about 500mtrs from the centre of the city. As it is a backpackers type area their are plenty of cheap eateries nearby including a couple of Asian Buffets and a McDonalds across the road.

If this place fits your budget then it should be OK as long as your expectations aren't too high.