We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to wear (late April - early May)

Singapore
Level Contributor
18 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
What to wear (late April - early May)

Hi,

I'll be staying in Melbourne from 27apr-07may and was wondering what the weather is like and what I should wear. My friend says it's already winter by then so here is what I'm planning to wear:

Layer 1: Thermal leggings and long sleeve tee

Layer 2: Cotton blouse and acrylic scarf

Layer 3: Lightweight jacket and TOMS shoes with invisible socks

Is this ok? Or do I need some gloves and a knit cap?

I'm from a tropical country and haven't experienced this type of weather yet so I really have no idea :)

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,129 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to wear (late April - early May)

Compared to Singapore it will be cool but not so cold you will need thermals. April/may is autumn and it gets cool but not too cold. Daytime temperatures are still in the high teens and 20s. You would be unlucky for the temperature to drop to single figures. Go with the layers - shirts, t- shirts, light sweaters, jackets. Maybe a pashmina For evenings( if you are female;-)) Forget the beanies and gloves. Definitely closed shoes rather than open sandals.

Singapore
Level Contributor
18 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to wear (late April - early May)

Thanks for the advise! I'll keep that in mind :)

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,181 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to wear (late April - early May)

Absolutely agree with Eva - us Melbourne people can't live without our pashminas & scarves. I used to think that the young shop keepers in trendy singlet tops were freezing until I figured out that their scarves were more than just a fashion accessory.

Caramelski: a lightweight scarf should be enough, no need to bring a knitted one. Or you can easily buy a cheap one here for a few dollars.

Have a great trip.

Edited: 7:40 pm, April 12, 2012
4. Re: What to wear (late April - early May)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 7:46 am, May 08, 2012
Edited: 7:46 am, May 08, 2012
5. Re: What to wear (late April - early May)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:42 pm, June 19, 2013