We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

exchange rates

england
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
exchange rates

sorry, still thinking of little things, the exchange rate for uk pounds to aus dollars is very low here at the moment, anyone know if i was to wait until i arrived in Brisbane what rate i could get, probably at the airport, as it is Sunday that i arrive

Thanks

Ann

Glenlyon, Australia
Level Contributor
4,180 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: exchange rates

Get when its convinent for you. Maybe use a ATM at the airport or even buy say AUD$100 to tied you over before you leave if you dont want to hang around the airport (but be careful of those commissions). Basically the AUD-GBP rate doesn't flucuate a lot. It has hovered around the same rate with a few minor changes by a couple of cents for the last 7 yrs that I have been following. Baring a tragic world event I would not assume it will be changing enough for you to have to stock up on it.

Newport Pagnell...
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: exchange rates

Marks and Spencer give very good rates and no commission.The rates haven't changed much since I started watching them for my own holiday.We took £100 of dollars with us and used ATMs when we got there.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,325 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: exchange rates

Definitely don't change any money at the airport. As the previous posters have suggested, purchase some dollars in the UK before you depart.

Newport Pagnell...
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: exchange rates

You might find my little chart useful,it will give you an idea how much you are spending as you go along.I wrote this out and kept a copy in my purse.Exchange rate is from the internet today.

10dollars = £4.25

20dollars = £8.50

30dollars = £12.76

40dollars = £17.00

50dollars = £21.27

100dollars= £42.54

england
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: exchange rates

Thanks everyone, i am going to change my money here, m&s has a rate almost as good as travelex, and they will send it to me, so no forgetting at the airports

Ann