We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St kilda accommodation

Australia
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Topic
St kilda accommodation

How would you compare both quality of acommodation and location of Medina Executive apartments St Kilda versus the Novotel St Kilda? I am aware that one is serviced apartments and the other a hotel.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Level Contributor
35 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St kilda accommodation

Depends what you are looking for?

I'm a fan of the Medina Executive Apartments & the staff there are great. If you get a studio, ask for a renovated one with a glass partion - good quality, modern easy decor. If noise is a problem, ask for a room not facing Fitzroy St. Has great restaurants right outside the door. Is located at the start of the Fitzroy St cafe strip.

Novotel is a standard 4 star.. rooms not as nice as Medina ... great outlook onto the bay if you have a water facing room. Is located between Acland & Fitzroy St.

Glenlyon, Australia
Level Contributor
4,180 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St kilda accommodation

Agree with Vosse. I have stayed at the Novatel in a bay facing room many years ago - it was a spa room and was quite big. However, decor was pretty standard and not what I call luxurious. But location is A! being between the Acland rd strip of shops and restaurants and the Fitzroy st strip of shops and restaurants in a small residential section with a tram running outside.

However, the Medina is likely to offer much more space but with the added bonus of a kitchen/kitchenette enabling you to do your own entertaining and eating without sitting on a bed (and hopeful cut down some costs on eating out).