We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Commonwealth Games

Melbourne, victoria
3 posts
Save Topic
The Commonwealth Games

Are you going to the Commonwealth Games next year?

If so, what are you going to see?

Are you fearful of a terror attack during the games?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
19,135 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: The Commonwealth Games

Wiil,

Triathlon was on the must see list. The free events were one of the main reasons for keeping our accom booking for the full duration... and there's always some sightseeing you can do..

I don't thin they'll get a really big turnout for the supertest this week. Especially the wya the weather is looking.... from what i'm hearing up here it seems to be a case of...ho hum...

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,187 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: The Commonwealth Games

Hubby is dead keen to watch the table tennis as he is a league player!

Merida, Mexico
Level Contributor
184 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: The Commonwealth Games

Of course, wouldnt miss it. I have tickets for the Opening ceremony, a swimming final and the Rugby Union Final.

As for a terrorist attack - who can not think about it even fleetingly but if we let those bastards make us fearful and change what we do, then they have won. I have complete confidence that the security arrangements will be as strong as they possibly can be and that's all we can ask for.

More tickets go on sale 15 October. Go to http://www.melbourne2006.com.au/

As Will points out, there will also be lots of free events aorund the city. I'm looking forward to it! It will be just one big party atmosphere as it was in Sydney for the Olympics and in Brisbane in 1988 for the Commonwealth Games.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
19,135 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: The Commonwealth Games

Not for the events I want...groan.........

Glenlyon, Australia
Level Contributor
4,180 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: The Commonwealth Games

Well I hope it will be a party atmosphere- I ask yesyerday at work who was going and to a man everyone said nothing-lol. Don't quite think they view the games as major yet.