We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Melbourne Airport - International Arrivals Lounge

London, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
Melbourne Airport - International Arrivals Lounge

Does any one know if Melbourne has an Arrivals lounge, free or paid for ? I am arriving businesss class from Hong Kong with cathay and want to shower / change before going out and doing a days activities.

Mnay thanks

Charles

Melbourne
Level Contributor
3,247 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Melbourne Airport - International Arrivals Lounge

Cathay have an arrivals lounge near gate 6/7& 8. The attached map shows the location. Not sure if there are showers but an enquiry through Cathay would confirm.

www.melbourneairport.com.au/interactive_map/

London
Level Contributor
717 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Melbourne Airport - International Arrivals Lounge

A quick look at the airport's website shows there are public showers in Terminal 2 (international), on the Departures level, strangely.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
208 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Melbourne Airport - International Arrivals Lounge

If you have to use the public facilities, it's a short walk from International Arrivals to the 1st floor > up the escalator once you've exited in to the Arrivals hall & approximately 200 metres walk (certainly less than a 5 minute walk in total).

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,346 posts
1,521 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Melbourne Airport - International Arrivals Lounge

If you are flying business class you will be able to use the Cathay Pacific Lounge.

London, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Melbourne Airport - International Arrivals Lounge

Thanks to all, I had looked at the airport web site, but it is a little unclear to say at the least and Cathays web site no better.

Charles

Glenlyon, Australia
Level Contributor
4,180 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Melbourne Airport - International Arrivals Lounge

There is a Cathay arrivals lounge at Melbourne? News to me. Must be new...even their own website doesn't mention it. Nor does the Melbourne airport website. There is a departure lounge That I know.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
3,247 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Melbourne Airport - International Arrivals Lounge

Andy

Melbourne Airport Website shows it on their map of the airport.Just need to zoom in on the ground floor arrivals area.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,138 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Melbourne Airport - International Arrivals Lounge

easiest answer .... email cathay pacific :)

Glenlyon, Australia
Level Contributor
4,180 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Melbourne Airport - International Arrivals Lounge

AussieJohn...those are the departure lounges. They are on the satellite terminal of T2 (the end newest bit) and the departing passengers get to them via escalators and a lift from the central area of the general departure lounges\ (near where the newsagent and duty free shops are). They are on the bottom level. There is no access to those lounges from the arrivals area...the closest you get is when a plane ties up at the satellite arrival gates and you disembark..you walk by the windows of these lounges. I also note that the Melbourne airport website only lists Cathay Pacific as a departure lounge. I have used the Cathay lounge before (Emirates used to use it before their lounge was built), the Qantas one and the Red Carpet club (United).

10. Re: Melbourne Airport - International Arrivals Lounge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, November 24, 2009