We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Melb in Mid Sept! Any more snow activities? Where?

Singapore
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Visiting Melb in Mid Sept! Any more snow activities? Where?

hi ppl,

I planning for a visit to Melb in Mid September!

Can someone advise me whether there will still be snow activities then?

If yes, which resort would be best?..

I guys will be interested in a good scenery n a short lesson...

Pls advise me thks!!!

Geelong...
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
3,830 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Melb in Mid Sept! Any more snow activities? Where?

Very hard one to call, mid Sept could have some good snow left over or could be in pretty bad shape, will depend a lot on the winter we have and if we have any late dumps of snow. Usually the season really runs from late June through July and August and possibly the first or second week of September. Even with a good late dump of snow, sometimes the lift companies pack up and you can't access the snow. Best bet is to keep an eye on the snow conditions through August and watch for season closing dates.

Best resort will depend on how much time you have and what the snow is like on each mountain, it will almost definitely be Hotham, Falls Creek or Buller.

sydney
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Melb in Mid Sept! Any more snow activities? Where?

as willnino said september isn't to good for snow maybe earlier would be better however snowy places near melbourne. the only one i can think of is mt bulla

Melbourne Aust
Level Contributor
158 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting Melb in Mid Sept! Any more snow activities? Where?

Mt Bulla is closest - 4 hours + driving. Hotham will have more snow (if there is any!) but is 5 - 6 hours driving. Both mountains have lots of ski runs, lifts, facilities for lessons.

4. Re: Visiting Melb in Mid Sept! Any more snow activities? Where?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 am, September 29, 2009