We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel insurance

Which Melbourne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
travel insurance

hi - anyone recommend insurance for english travellers to australia? as we're travelling business class the £5000 cancellation insurance isnt enough cover!!

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,032 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: travel insurance

Hello yr6teacher,

Unless you are in the millionaire class I think the usual (and best) advice is, "if you can't afford travel insurance, you can't afford to travel". As you would organise it from your end, I can't really advise you, but here I would just google 'travel insurance' and do some comparisons. I personally see advantages for me as an Australian to go through my private health fund, thus only having to deal with one organisation should I ever need to, which thankfully, hasn't happened so far.

London, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travel insurance

what i meant to say was - i've compared loads of insurance companies, and none of them will pay out more than £5000 for cancellation or curtailment. our flights, hotels and tours costs more than £5000.

London, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travel insurance

hi - if anyone happens to read this - i did manage to get insurance with Halifax bank, they will do a tailor made quote to match your requirements. found them in yellow pages!!!!

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,048 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travel insurance

Hi Teach, I would post that info on a UK thread as it would have greater use there than this part of the world or otherwise post it in the off chat forum.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
120 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: travel insurance

By all means. Insurance is total a must specialy if your comming to australia from overseas. Dosnt mater if your carrying a carring bag or the whole luggage and stuff. You must need insurrance well before you go on holidays.. Its pretty cheap.. and you get about pretty good insurance cover for it all.

Even if your within australia you can still make insurance though because you never now if your bag end sup strungle just like terminal 5 from healthrow airport when people have lost thier luggage 25,000 bags lost. I might wonder how i should also get abit of insurance too.

good luck. Don't back off with the insurance.. You need that specialy traveling some where far away though.

You never know what might happen if your bag ends up lost or such. Insurance will cover it all love.

Think of this.. Would you travel from the uk to australia without your luggage and bags? would you still travel without anything but only yourself and your ticket? well thats how it feels like too without the insurance.. Just visit your nearest travel agency for more information. Do this well before advance before you travel.

take care let us know what you need to know.

malissa

6. Re: travel insurance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, September 19, 2009