We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour / attraction tickets in advance? pressies

Which Melbourne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
148 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Tour / attraction tickets in advance? pressies

Hi, I have a friend who is moving out to Melbourne having just got married. Am wanting to get them a present to wish them luck and thought it would be nice to get them something they could use when theyre out there. Perhaps a voucher for a river trip, wine tour, or ticket to an attraction. Problem is I dont have much money and they won't be out there for a few months as travelling on their way out there. However, because they will be travelling it will be difficult to get anything paper to them, so something they could pick up when they get there or something online would be great. I've looked into smart visit card as I used a similar thing in San Francisco, but its just too expensive.

Does anyone out there, perhaps a local have any good ideas?

Thanks very much

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,578 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour / attraction tickets in advance? pressies

Can you give us an idea re: your budget sparkly? Thanks!

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,032 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour / attraction tickets in advance? pressies

Hello sparkly273,

I googled - vouchers Melbourne - and came up with a range of possibilities for consideration. Do that and it might just answer your needs, or at least give you are start in your search.

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
245 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour / attraction tickets in advance? pressies

what about a melbourne entertainment book???-full of vouchers for restaurants, cafes, attractions etc etc-the books are about AU$60 each-full ofof 2 for 1 and other offers-a good way for your friends to try things melbourne has to offer.

have a look at www.entertainmentbook.com.au for info on the books-they are only available through charity/fund raising organisations but i have seen people on this forum get into contact with people who have them for sale in the city, so just write back to this forum and ask if anyone has any idea how you can purchase one. they are great value if you are in melbourne for some time.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
148 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tour / attraction tickets in advance? pressies

Thank you all so much for the suggestions so far, I'll look into them. Keep them coming though!

As to my budget, I feel a bit mean but I'm really skint at the moment, and can really only afford between 70-80 dollars.

Can I get anything with this?

Thanks again. S

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
86 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tour / attraction tickets in advance? pressies

If they're moving to Melbourne then the Entertainment Book is actually a great idea. It'll give them countless ideas for restaurants etc which is good when you don't know the city.

You can always try lastminute.com.au, they have a whole section on 'experiences' and you might get some ideas. Also redballoon.com.au has things to do but is normally more pricey.

Adelaide, AUSTRALIA
Level Contributor
146 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Tour / attraction tickets in advance? pressies

I agree with the Entertainment Book idea...we have one for Adelaide where we live and it is so full of restaurants and attractions with great discounts...some places have 2 for 1 meals etc

Definitely a must for new arrivals to the country...and a bargain at only about $60ish..

7. Re: Tour / attraction tickets in advance? pressies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, September 06, 2009