We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

virgin blue

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,751 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
virgin blue

hi, whose finding the menu onboard boring??

and I wont take my own food on with me.

thanks for any input

Uluru-Kata Tjuta...
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: virgin blue

I find that the Virgin Lounge is much more fun. Given that all the flights except Perth are very short ..... I wouldn't rely on the airline to provide meals.

Perth flights have movies and meals on some flights.

Overall I find that sending feedback to Virgin Blue / Virgin Atlantic does get results.

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,751 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: virgin blue

thanks for your input, I find the Lounge ok, for quiet to think before the flight.

I have sent feedback in and they suggested i take my own food.(AARRRHH)

London, England
Level Contributor
2,166 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: virgin blue

I looked at their onboard menu online when i flew from Melbourne to Port Douglas and didn't fancy anything on it so went without! Flight wasn't very long anyway so just indulged when i got there! *lol* Apart from that i thought they were good to fly with, not bad seat space.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
248 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: virgin blue

We always BYO food on domestic budget flights Lilyana, but that doesn't mean that you have to prepare stuff. It's just as easy to grab a takeaway from one of the airport cafes before you board a long flight, and in regional areas we get something enroute to the airport. As others have pointed out, most domestic flights are so short that you may as well have a proper meal before or after your flight.

Broadening airline menus impacts on costs - and that would undermine the platform of offering a discount flight service. Globally, those who choose to fly budget airlines do so with the understanding that passengers will relinquish food and entertainment services in exchange for cheaper fares. On this basis, the airline view is that anything provided onboard is a bonus, not a mandatory.

Frequent flyers who are vexed by eating the same inflight meals regularly, are most probably better served by paying extra to fly an airline that provides for their culinary needs. To browse thousands of inflight meals go to http://www.airlinemeals.net

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,751 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: virgin blue

look at airlinemeals.net all the time..

just was saying that the menu seems to be boring and that they could change a little here and there, and as for carriers that cater, to be honest, there food isnt the best sometimes either, cant win.

whinge whinge......

6. Re: virgin blue

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 pm, September 06, 2009