We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

layoff homes

2 posts
2 reviews
layoff homes

I have a quiery regarding layoff homes in Melbourne prices seem to good ,is this a scam.

5 replies to this topic
Geelong...
Destination Expert
for Geelong, Great Ocean Road
Level Contributor
7,881 posts
49 reviews
1. Re: layoff homes

Is this travel related?

2 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: layoff homes

Yes

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
25,183 posts
70 reviews
3. Re: layoff homes

It seems to be an AirBnb type model. However, it does look too good to be true so I'd wait and see if it gets more traction before booking anywhere with it. I notice the Australian "branch office" is in Queensland which I'm sorry to say does not fill me with confidence.

4. Re: layoff homes

Think twice about this, it does look too good to be true. The price for one night is only $200 - very low- but the security deposit is $500. I'd suggest you look around for some reviews of this before you hand over $700 for one night. One thing I'd want to know is how much of the security deposit do people get back? It could end up costing way more than you expect.

Sydney, Australia
1 post
5. Re: layoff homes

This is 100% a scam, I know somebody who booked through the site. They then got contacted informing them they need to pay more deposit or cancel the reservation. They cancelled the reservation to be told they would only get 50% refund as they amended the booking, the refund was never provided.

I contacted them via phone to discuss and they blocked my number and stopped responding.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE!

Reply to: layoff homes
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted