We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with accommodation for 9 people!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
57 posts
11 reviews
Help with accommodation for 9 people!

Hello! This topic is especially acknowledge to local experts or anyone who were in the same situation as I am in.

I am currently looking for a 3 bedroom apartment hotel for 8-9 people. My friend is getting married and we're organising a big surprise but I could not find any apartment hotel that offers enough space for this many people! In addition to the difficulty, we are looking for a place that also includes a heated swimming pool/spa/sauna so we could relax in and we're also hoping to be in the CBD or as close to it as possible. We are planning to go in September so if anyone could help please reply asap because it is very hard to plan a surprise with 9 people!!!!

Thank you

Q

Glenlyon, Australia
Level Contributor
4,190 posts
34 reviews
1. Re: Help with accommodation for 9 people!

The following have 3 bedroom apartments;

Medina Grand Melbourne.

Medina Executive Flinders Street

http://www.medina.com.au

Off course they may not have a pool but you maybe in a position where you cannot be too choosey unless you are prepared to accept one one bedroom and a two bedroom them your choice is much larger.

Medina Executive South Yarra is outside the CBD and about 10 mins from the city by train but near Chapel Street.

Glenlyon, Australia
Level Contributor
4,190 posts
34 reviews
2. Re: Help with accommodation for 9 people!

Also forgot to add that Quay West Apartments on Southbank next to the Arts Centre also have 3 bedrooms.

www.mirvachotels.com.au/hotel_detail.asp…

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
57 posts
11 reviews
3. Re: Help with accommodation for 9 people!

Thanks for your help!!!

I have looked at medina but its about $900-1000 a night for a 3 bedroom penthouse! That's a bit over our expected budget.

I am looking at the Quay West Suites you advised as wel and am waiting for their reply.

Thanks again for trying! If you come up with anymore places please post!

Q

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
31,198 posts
2,027 reviews
4. Re: Help with accommodation for 9 people!

You could try Melbourne short stay apartments.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g255100-d579742…

Glenlyon, Australia
Level Contributor
4,190 posts
34 reviews
5. Re: Help with accommodation for 9 people!

I think you also need to be realistic as not too many places will have 3 bedrooms AND a pool in the CBD (or close) for prob under $300-$400 (unless it was a fairly basic place but then you usually cut back on the facilities).

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
57 posts
11 reviews
6. Re: Help with accommodation for 9 people!

Hello!

After much scouring around I finally found an AWESOME DEAL!!!!

I think this would be good for you to know in case other people ask...

Punt Hill Manhattan has a 3 bedroom apartment which also has a pool AND its in the city! It was also very cheap in comparison to Medina as it was quoted about $300 AU a night!!!

Thanks so much for your help everyone! =)

Q

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,754 posts
33 reviews
7. Re: Help with accommodation for 9 people!

have you looked at quest apartments?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
57 posts
11 reviews
8. Re: Help with accommodation for 9 people!

Hi Lilyana

Yes I looked at Quest Hero...its 3 bedroom loft looks amazing but it had no pool.

I think i'll stick with the manhattan. But thanks for your help!

Glenlyon, Australia
Level Contributor
4,190 posts
34 reviews
9. Re: Help with accommodation for 9 people!

Check about the pool..the buildings down Flinders Lane there are not big (you can tell the width by the pics on the website). The website says 'jet pool'..this to me denotes something a little larger than a spa (sort of like a small lap pool maybe about 3 metres long where you swim against the current). But certainly not a pool..unless I am wrong.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,578 posts
10. Re: Help with accommodation for 9 people!

Apartments@Docklands have 3 bd apartments which are brand new and offer great views of Melb too. They are literally 5-10 min walk to everything in CBD. remember late September is AFL grand final- you could be really struggling for accom at that time of year!