We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tell me more abt Mt Buller / Mt Hotham

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
52 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Tell me more abt Mt Buller / Mt Hotham

When is the best time to experience snow?

Which of the two is more attractive?

Which of the two is more suitable for a child of nine?

Thanks for your info which will help me to decide my next destination.

Kim

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Tell me more abt Mt Buller / Mt Hotham

Thanks for the update.

2 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Tell me more abt Mt Buller / Mt Hotham

I am planning to go to either Mt Buller, Mount Hotham or any Mountain with Snow during Aus Winter mid-Jul next year. I will go with my wife and children (18, 13 & 8 yrs old). Plan to stay 2d 1 n on Mountain. We want to see show first time in our life. We will travel from Melbourne.

There are too many accommodation on the web for Mt Buller, Mt Hotham & etc. Appreciate if anyone can share which Mountain is recommended, as well as on mountain accommodation and etc. We are budget travellers which do not look for luxury accommodation and trip.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: Tell me more abt Mt Buller / Mt Hotham

@2 Mt Stirling is not much closer to Melb than Buller - and you have 9km of dirt road instead of bitumen. Maybe you mean Lake Mountain or Mt Donna Buang, perhaps Mt Baw Baw?

@10 No snow on the ground in May normally, except for an occasional snow shower some years.

OP - the 'Hotham' airport is closer to Dinner Plain, so you could consider this village as an alternative to the busier, often more expensive and more exposed Hotham village. You could get the free shuttle up to Hotham one day for a look around. Plan for August in Dinner Plain and you may see a dog sled race: visitdinnerplain.com/Pages/Events/43-Dinner_…

NE Victoria...
Level Contributor
2,673 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Tell me more abt Mt Buller / Mt Hotham

Commercial flights aren't operating into Mount Hotham airport this year; there's a chance that they may not do so next year as well. Just something to consider! The closest airport is Albury (ABX), with a charter flight or shuttle available from there.

visitdinnerplain.com/Pages/…By_Air.aspx

25. Re: Tell me more abt Mt Buller / Mt Hotham

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, July 15, 2015