We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wedding in Tasmania

Melbourne
1 post
Save Topic
wedding in Tasmania

My partner and I love Tasmania. We have decided we want to get married there, but we live in Melbourne and have not been to Tasmania for many years. We are in our late forties and want our wedding day to be very special, a day we'll always treasure.

Could anyone suggest a romantic place to get married in Hobart, such as a small chapel or garden setting. We plan to have an intimate ceremony with just the two of us present. Any suggestions

on somewhere lovely and romantic for dinner and accomodation for our wedding night ?

I have heard of Brickendon "romantic country weddings'' in Longford. Does anyone know much about them? If you have any ideas I'd love to hear them .

Mentioned in this post
Tasmania
Tasmania
Australia
Melbourne
Melbourne
Victoria, Australia
Hobart
Hobart
Greater Hobart, Australia
melbourne
Level Contributor
6,754 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wedding in Tasmania

well, I love Peppers Seaport launceston, have a look at their website, email and ask Alison at reception for advice. the waterfront there is lovely.

and very personal.

you can have hair done at the hairdresser within the complex and makeup

flowers can be supplied

the accomm is lovely

there are several restaurants around

I saw a wedding when I stayed there and it was very personal and lovely

Or, there is Lenna of Hobart, all can be done there also. just look at their website.

www.peppers.com.au

www.lenna.com.au or www.salamancaterraces.com.au

prefer salamanca terraces for the accomm side of things, weddings are very personal and lovely at the Lenna across the road from Salamanca terraces.

good luck, any more info, just ask.

both properties are great and very helpful.

lenna more old (circa 1830s) peppers, modern.

australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: wedding in Tasmania

Hi, if your looking for a location around Hobart try the Mount Nelson Signal Station. Fantastic views and not far out of the city. It also has a very nice restaurant, which shuts at 4.30 but they will open for special occasions outside if this time. Would be very romantic sunset wedding. If just the two of you, could be very nice. Google Mount Nelson Signal Station. I recently stayed in an executive spa suite at The Old Woolstore with my partner for a romantic night and really enjoyed it. Anyway if your not looking huge budget this may help. All the best!

Mentioned in this post
Hobart
Hobart
Greater Hobart, Australia
Tasmania
Level Contributor
93 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wedding in Tasmania

Claudia, with my family I stayed in small cottage at Brickendon some years back; it was a B&B arrangement. Friendly folk and interesting complex, but freezing cold. We didn't warm up while there.

4. Re: wedding in Tasmania

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, August 17, 2009