We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 day itiinerary for tasmania

Which Hobart hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
6 posts
Save Topic
4 day itiinerary for tasmania

Hi there my name is Bhas and Iam visiting tasamania on a 4 day tour.

here is my itinerary:

Day 1: arriving launceston, visiting cataract gorge and tamar valley overnight stay at launceston

Day 2: entire day at Cradle mountain, overnight stay at launceston

day 3: heading to coles bay and overnight stay

day 4: visiting mount wellington and reach hobart airport in the evening for return flight to melbourne.

Any suggestions on improving or additions to the itinerary are highly appreciated,

Cheers,

bhas

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
26,112 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 day itiinerary for tasmania

It's a good basic plan - not too ambitious, but you'll hit some of the highlights in your brief time.

Depending on when you come, you may have difficulty finding accommodation at Coles Bay as it's a very small place. Bicheno or Swansea are larger options.

Luigi

Melbourne, Australia
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 day itiinerary for tasmania

Thanks Luigi for the prompt reply,

any other suggestion to visit after mount wellington in hobart for around 1-2 hrs..

Many thanks again..

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
26,112 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 day itiinerary for tasmania

Yes, if you have not managed to see a Tasmanian devil, Bonorong wildlife park is ideal, or you could have a wander around the touristy docks area and Salamanca, or you could return to Hobart via historic Richmond.

Combining these things, on the way south from Freycinet you could turn onto the C351 just before Sorell and head to Richmond, then take the C322 and 321 to Bonorong, then head into the city from there.

Melbourne, Australia
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 day itiinerary for tasmania

HI Luigi,

Thanks a lot for your prompt replies and need your advise.

I am trying to modify my itinerary on the 4th day of my travel. My idea is to start from swansea in the morning around 8AM to Mt field national park and from there visit Mt wellington and finally arrive at the airport .

Can this be doable in a day as I have to arrive the airport by 6:30PM. Also add a note on the route to Mt. field national park from swansea.

your help is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Bhas.

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
26,112 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4 day itiinerary for tasmania

It's humanly possible, but quite a long way to drive in a day with a deadline.

Cradle...
Destination Expert
for Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
Level Contributor
11,926 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 4 day itiinerary for tasmania

Hi Bhas, as already mentioned by Luigi, when are you coming to Tasmania?

Knowing the approximate date of your travels will assist in recommendations.

Safe travels - Robert

Melbourne, Australia
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 4 day itiinerary for tasmania

Hi Rob

My travel dates are from Dec 21-Dec 24.

I would be pleased to know if you can comment on the proposed schedule on Dec 24th which is as follows:

I will start from swansea in the morning around 8AM to Mt field national park and from there visit Mt wellington and finally arrive at the airport.

Your help is much appreicated..

Cheers

Melbourne, Australia
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 4 day itiinerary for tasmania

HI Luigi,

We just returned from the beautiful Tasmania and were fortunate enough to visit all the places that I have discussed with you. we really were so happy seeing the mother nature at its best.

I really thank you for your advise regarding the itinerary and appreciate your time for guiding.

Thanks again !!

Sydney, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: 4 day itiinerary for tasmania

Hi.. We have planned for a vacation in Tasmania, lasting 4 nights and 5 days.. We would be landing in Hobart, stay there for two nights.. third day at Queenstown and the last one at Launceston.. We are travelling with our 18 month old baby.. We are still unsuccessful in planning a good itenerary.. It would be of great help if someone comes up with one that guides us to cover the must-see sites in and around the cities we are halting at..

Many thanks,

Raji :)

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
26,112 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 4 day itiinerary for tasmania

Yes it would be good for someone to do that, but you could also spend a bit of time yourself perusing the Top Questions on the right hand side of this forum page and also the Tasmania and Launceston forum pages.

I think the information there will go a long way to clarifying your thoughts. :)

And I think that if you only have 4 full days, you may need to have a rethink about what it is that's making you go all the way to Queenstown. There is one excellent attraction there - the Wilderness Railway - but it will take a full day to drive there from Hobart and another for the rail trip.

It would be better to concentrate on Hobart and Launceston and the direct route between them.

Luigi