We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MONA - a must do

Which Hobart hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sydney
Level Contributor
160 posts
193 reviews
Save Topic
MONA - a must do

i don't have a question. well actually, i do. how is it possible that MONA is not listed in trip advisor as an attraction or "thing to do". from what i understand it has become the #1 tourist attraction in hobart. and with very good reason too.

i'm basically just posting here to tell anyone and everyone that a visit to MONA is an absolute must. regardless of what you might think about the private owner, this collection of art and the way it's been housed is simply not to be missed.

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
26,325 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: MONA - a must do

Natt!!! I'm flabbergasted!

You must go. And write a trip report. Here's mine: tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g255097-i1073-k…

Cradle...
Destination Expert
for Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
Level Contributor
11,993 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: MONA - a must do

Natt I did, and I'm just thankfull I had the spare time to visit, and that it wasn't a priority on my travels. But then I'm probably lacking in the culture department and maybe even taste, :o)

Hobart
Level Contributor
461 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: MONA - a must do

I promise I'll pop it on the list.

Mind you tonight I wish MONA really was in Hobart - some sort of concert and the sound is travelling for miles.

Most of the time they are pretty quiet - but it can get annoying when they have a really big do.

I jokingly say every time that Mr Walsh should send thank you beers to all his patient neighbours :)

sydney
Level Contributor
160 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: MONA - a must do

natt?!?

if you want to lift berriedale over and above hobart - become a destination expert for glenorchy - you'd best be visiting it's #1 attraction!

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
26,325 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: MONA - a must do

And for anyone who is totally confused, you could always put your review for MONA here, as this reviewer has obviously done: tripadvisor.com.au/Attraction_Review-g255097…

(My sympathies to the State Library staff.)

16. Re: MONA - a must do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, November 29, 2013