My friends and I are thinking of visiting tasmania in july, flying into hobart either from sydney or melbourne. Got a couple of qns that I hope some of you could help answer?
1) I understand it will be cold, but still good for travelling. Is that true?
2) We are thinking of a 3-4 days stay in tasmania. visiting Salamanca markets(on a Sat, as recommended!), Cradle mountain, wineglass bay, and Tasman Penisula cruise. Just to check, is the Tasman Penisula cruise the one that allows you to watch dolphins and whales? Are these places good places to visit in July, when it is wintertime?
3) Are there any particular places that are a must visit that I have not listed above? Or any place that is only uniquely available in winter?
4) What's the average cost of a meal and accomodation in Tasmania?
5) We might also rent a car to get around in tasmania. Is it advisable to do that in winter? And if we do drive up to cradle mountain, is it dangerous at that time of the year or do we need snow tires?
Please do help to add on places I should visit in July when in Tasmania! Thanks for all your help!