We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seven Mile Beach - Hobart

Buenos Aires...
5 posts
Save Topic
Seven Mile Beach - Hobart

Hi people from Tasmania!

I will be visiting Abel Tasman's land in August for 15 days!

Yes! I know! It will be cold! But I'm sure I'm gonna spend a great time and will be living a lovely adventure.

I wanna learn about your culture, your history, I wanna experience the very heart of it. I wanna have long talks with grandmothers and grandfathers. To play Four in a row with a young lady named Emily: the reason why my heart decided Hobart as the place to live in a future.

And I wanna enjoy my jogging every loads of cold mornings at Seven Mile Beach which is the place I'm gonna stay those 15 days.

I'm really excited about it! So nervous and I can't wait 'til this dream come true.

Thanks for reading!

Hugs,

Martin

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
26,507 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seven Mile Beach - Hobart

It'll be pretty cold and miserable on the beach in August. Maybe you could take up golf???

Take a look at the Top Questions on the right hand side of this page for things to do in and around Hobart. You'll need to escape to the big city sometime.

Hope you enjoy your trip,

Luigi

Kawhia,New Zealand
Level Contributor
1,779 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seven Mile Beach - Hobart

We are hoping to get a timesghare exchange into Seven Mile Beach resort next year.

It looks like a lovely resort.

It will be Dead middle winter in August but Tasmania is lovely.

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
26,507 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seven Mile Beach - Hobart

Yep. Looks nice. I guess you'll rent a car to get around the place?

Buenos Aires...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Seven Mile Beach - Hobart

Hi Luigi!

Thanks for your answer!

Here I am planning the last moves to make this dream come true!

Kind Regards,

Martin.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,132 posts
1,403 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seven Mile Beach - Hobart

Its' wonderful Martin to read that you are so positive - so good luck with it all !

As mentioned August is our winter so it will be very chilly & why not embrace the weather & head off to explore Tasmania with all its wonderful attractions.

IMO: Tassie is beautiful in winter - it SNOWS - which is very difficult to get in other regions in Australia.

Happy planning !

Buenos Aires...
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Seven Mile Beach - Hobart

Yay! Thanks Miss Ellemay!

Snow !

I've seen it only one time in my life! It was here in Buenos Aires 5 years ago !

And before that it snowed in 1928 !!! So it's difficult to see snowing over here!

Yes Oysterfiend, I'm sure Tasmania is lovely, even in winter!

Thanks alot to you all for your words. Ellemay, yea, Im gonna embrace the weather every day and specially in the mornings while my jogging :)

I love movies. So Im also gonna visit for sure the Village Cinema at 181 Collins Street :)

Thanks you all and see you some time!

Hugs,

Martin

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
19,067 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seven Mile Beach - Hobart

Snow is not consistent even during winter and is highly unlikely (in fact nearly impossible) to be seen in the area you are staying. Mt Wellington may or may not get a dusting.

It is more frequent than BA but not a consistent event, you could easily be there three weeks in August and not see any if you aren't in the right place.

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
26,507 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Seven Mile Beach - Hobart

Mount Wellington will definitely get snow in August. Seven Mile Beach? As GW says, not likely. :(

Buenos Aires...
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Seven Mile Beach - Hobart

From Australia.com :

" The air may be crisp, but in Tasmania, winter definitely doesn’t put a freeze on activities. Celebrate the solstice in Hobart or ski in Ben Lomond National Park. Trek the snow-coated highlands of Cradle Mountain or snuggle fireside in a lodge in Wineglass Bay. Whatever you do, don’t miss this special window on Tasmania’s rugged natural beauty.

Of course, spring will be the last thing on your mind if you’re an avid skier. You’ll be high-fiving winter when careering down or across the powdered slopes of Legges Tor in Ben Lomond National Park. Its regal, rocky peaks are just an hour’s drive from Launceston in the state’s north. Further south, it’s a scenic 90 minutes’ drive from Hobart to Mount Mawson. Sitting in Mount Field National Park, this small, friendly ski area has slopes for all levels of experience, and some of the steepest runs in the country.

If you’d rather stroll than ski, head to the Narnia-white wilderness of Cradle Mountain- Lake St Clair National Park. The famous Overland Track can be treacherous in winter, but many shorter walks wind you safely through the scenery. Follow the Enchanted Walk through rainforest bejeweled with frost. Or take an hour or two to wander around shimmering Dove Lake beneath the black spires of Cradle Mountain. On the southern side of the park, you can do the 18km circuit around icy Lake St Clair – Tasmania’s deepest natural freshwater lake.

Winter in Freycinet National Park is another well-kept secret. The brisk days are perfect for bushwalking the picturesque coastline. Climb across the jagged pink Hazards, past sea birds, Tasmanian wildflowers and detailed rock pools. From the top, look out over the vivid blue-green curves of Wineglass Bay. At night, huddle next to a roaring fire or beneath a blanket and a sky ablaze with stars.

This winter, head to Tasmania for an action-packed holiday of festivals and firesides, strolling and snow. "

Joseph and Mary own a website: this is about Hobart in Winter:

www.josephandmary.net/hobart_in_winter.htm

Omg! Now I want so bad to get to know Tasmania in Winter! :)

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,132 posts
1,403 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Seven Mile Beach - Hobart

Martin you will definitely see snow in August if you go to Cradle Mountain. We stayed in Cradle Mountain last September & the snow fell very heavily. You will also see snow on Mt Wellington in August. The coast /beach however will be chilly with no snow.. which I'm sure you are aware of..

Enjoy Tassie !