We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great accommodation near Port Arthur

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
144 reviews
Save Topic
Great accommodation near Port Arthur

Just stayed at gorgeous convict built and self-contained 4 bedroom Semaphore House at Saltwater River on the Tasman Peninsula. It's about 20 minutes from Port Arthur in a magical setting overlooking the bay. The house has everything you could need with huge kitchen, 4 comfy bedrooms sleeping 8-10, 2 living areas and glorious walled cottage garden where you can sit and watch the kids playing cricket in the field overlooking the bay. There is also another colonial, convict built house available across the road - The Surgeon's cottage. Have a look at the website www.tigerbayretreat.com.au. Highly recommended as a base for exploring the Tasman peninsula with lots of space and charm!

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
26,713 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great accommodation near Port Arthur

Thanks for the report, Campbells. :)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great accommodation near Port Arthur

Hope you get to stay there Luigi!

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
15,064 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great accommodation near Port Arthur

Good to know of options in the area. Looks a gorgeous location. Btw I think your link didn't work because of the fullstop attached to the end, you need to make sure to leave a space before and after a website addy for it to work as a link. Testing my theory now... www.tigerbayretreat.com.au .

Edit: LOL and doesn't that look silly now with the fullstop on a new line. When will they give us an accurate preview function?

Edited: 3:23 am, January 11, 2012
Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
15,064 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Great accommodation near Port Arthur

Postscript: Unless of course you are looking at the forum in 'original' rather than 'expanded' view, in which case you have no idea what I'm going on about :-)

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
26,713 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Great accommodation near Port Arthur

You could just skip the training fullstop entirely, MacKnee. :)

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
19,129 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Great accommodation near Port Arthur

I should click like I think...

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Great accommodation near Port Arthur

All makes sense - thanks for the tip.

8. Re: Great accommodation near Port Arthur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:25 am, March 07, 2013