We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hobart hotel advice please

Which Hobart hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Southern England
Level Contributor
1 post
29 reviews
Save Topic
Hobart hotel advice please

I am visiting Hobart from England in mid November with my Aussie brother and his wife. We are in our early 60s.The TA reviews are mixed. We are not on a tight budget. Harbour view preferred. Informed advice will be gratefully received.

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
26,112 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hobart hotel advice please

Do you want a hotel, B&B or holiday cottage? I'm not sure which places you were considering when you refer to the "mixed" reviews, but the top half dozen in all those categories get consistently excellent reviews.

If money is no object, try the Islington.

Luigi

2. Re: Hobart hotel advice please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:33 am, October 27, 2011
Edited: 11:33 am, October 27, 2011
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,038 posts
1,381 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hobart hotel advice please

Hi,

We always stay at the Sullivan Cove Apartments - ask for the apartments behind Henry Jones Art Hotel. see my review with pics below.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g255097-d110…

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

The Henry Jones Art Hotel is also upmarket & well located.

Edited: 7:07 pm, October 08, 2011
Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
17,925 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hobart hotel advice please

If you are not on a budget then have a look at the Pavilions at MONA mona.net.au/visit/…

Not in the heart of Hobart but certainly has a fabulous setting.

5. Re: Hobart hotel advice please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, October 26, 2012