We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reasonable priced, safe place for a single female traveller?

Gilbert, Arizona
Level Contributor
46 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Reasonable priced, safe place for a single female traveller?

Ok, I'm not going to be in Hobart and/or Port Arthur until October but wanted to see if anyone could recommend a reasonably priced loding for a single female - not looking for anything fancy,just clean and neat!

Australia
Level Contributor
95 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reasonable priced, safe place for a single female traveller?

Hi Jlr, not sure on your budget but look at the post from me. "great place to stay". Safe, quiet,lockup, etc. Easy walk to city and shops. Being closer to the city may be worth considering since your alone.We walked into city a few times at night with no problems but there was 2 of us.

Tasmania
Level Contributor
93 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reasonable priced, safe place for a single female traveller?

Hi Jlr1013, I know you posted way back in Apr, but I note that you're not travelling in Hobart until October. I just wanted to reassure you that Hobart is a very safe destination; you're extremely unlikely to be bothered. I routinely walk my dog late at night in Hobart by myself along a major road and in quieter streets. I have done so for many years and not once have I had any trouble. You could check out the following:

Montgomery's Private Hotel

Address: 9 Argyle St, Hobart TAS 7000

I've never stayed there as I live in Hobart, but it's very well located near the wharf and city, and they promote themselves as offering luxury backpacker accommodation. I gather they offer dorms or single rooms with en-suites. The Gobe Hotel offers cheap accomodation with breakfast above the (well-run) hotel. It's about a 15 minute walk from the wharf area.