We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to Hobart airport at 3a.m from Liverpool Street?

Which Hobart hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
How to get to Hobart airport at 3a.m from Liverpool Street?

We are staying in Hobart for 3 nights and wondering what is the best method of getting to the airport at 3a.m in the morning?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
26,322 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get to Hobart airport at 3a.m from Liverpool Street?

That seems to be a very early time. When is your departure?

Anyway, the airport shuttle goes to the airport for every scheduled departure; hobartairport.com.au/airport/…

But I'd catch a taxi. :)

Luigi

London, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get to Hobart airport at 3a.m from Liverpool Street?

Thanks for the reply Luigi, i'll make use of the transfer shuttle which is $30 one way. The flight time is 06.05.... though I just managed to find http://www.tenbuckbus.com.au/

...which goes form Hobart Hostel where I am staying.

Do you know how far Hobart hostel is from the airport? It says hobart hostel is 300m from the mall.

Thanks

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
26,322 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get to Hobart airport at 3a.m from Liverpool Street?

The airport is 17km from the city.

The bus your link refers to doesn't start running until 7 15am.

Why do you want to go to the airport 3 hours before your flight?

Luigi

London, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get to Hobart airport at 3a.m from Liverpool Street?

Thanks for the info. Normally I get there 2 hours before so im just building in a bit of contingency, kinda a worst case scenario you could say.

Australia
Level Contributor
374 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get to Hobart airport at 3a.m from Liverpool Street?

For a six am flight, the check in usually opens around 90 minutes before departure, so around 4.30 am. It isn't busy - there are only 2 flights (total) out of hobart airport at that time!

I often catch the 6 am or 6:05 flight, and have never arrived before 5, (an sometimes closer to 5:30 if I have no luggage - am yet to miss a flight!) so I can't speak from experience, but I think 2 hours before departure might be earlier than many of the airport staff?

Not sure if anyone else can shed any more light on this for you!

Australia
Level Contributor
374 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to get to Hobart airport at 3a.m from Liverpool Street?

And I gather that the Ten Buck Bus has ceased operating....as of 25 March 2011.

The other bus shuttle is still operating. it starts its pickup route from Hobart hotels at 4 am, and gets to the airport at 5 (for the 6 am departure). So its not just me that thinks that getting to the airport before 5 is not essential! (mind you, I've never been a morning person!)

hobartairport.com.au/airport/…

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,041 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to get to Hobart airport at 3a.m from Liverpool Street?

If you are on a domestic flight and you have checked in online, why would you want to be at the airport 3 hours before departure? I usually plan on getting there 45 minutes before the flight - a few minutes longer if I have a bag to drop off. It's not like Gatwick or Heathrow where you can often stand in line for an hour.

Also, if there does happen to be a long queue (unlikely in Hobart), in Australia if a flight is about to close then the staff will call for pax on that flight to come to the front of the line. As Susannah say - an hour before the flight is plenty of time. Enjoy a couple of hours of extra sleep.

8. Re: How to get to Hobart airport at 3a.m from Liverpool Street?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 am, October 27, 2012