We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reasonable apartment in Hobart

Which Hobart hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
132 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Reasonable apartment in Hobart

My family of four will be in Tasmania using Hobart as a base for two weeks in their summer of 08-09. We are looking for reasonable accomodations such as a two bedroom apartment or a one bedroom with a fold out couch for the kids. This always seems to be more comfortable than two hotel rooms, especially since we want to cook. I am looking to pay around $100 US or $120AU per night. Any help, fellow tripadvisors, would be appreciated.

Thanks

Marty

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
83 posts
390 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Reasonable apartment in Hobart

Hi

My husband and I are visiting Tasmania in March/April. We have found an apartment for $100AD with 2 bedrooms and full cooking facilities. As we havent yet been, I can't tell you if it is any good but from the pics on the website it looks very good for the price. The place is called Hobart Horizon Apartment and it is in the suburb of Sandy Bay.

Devonport, Australia
Level Contributor
105 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Reasonable apartment in Hobart

Hi,

Probably a little late with this post,but my thought was Cascade Hotel have 4 apartments at the back of their hotel on Cascades road.They are very clean but very basic..their are 2 bedroom one's.I have stayed their often to play badminton just up the road at the centre.

May be worth a look.

Cheers Shezza.

Hobart
Level Contributor
250 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Reasonable apartment in Hobart

Hi Marty

The NE of Tas will be busier in summer, but I think it will seem quiet compared to Bondi. I like your idea of renting a house if you want to chill for a while after 8 months travelling. Huonville is a country town, not far from Hobart, big enough to have everything you need, quiet enough to just "be", a good base to explore south Tas, and have lovely dark night skies if you chance upon an aurora.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
132 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Reasonable apartment in Hobart

Thanks ardvark

Our final choices were 10 days in St. Helen's and six days at Apartments on Strickland in Hobart city for the last six days. Hounville did seem very appealing but the others "won" out. ITS ALL A WIN IN TAS!!!!

Thanks

marty ( gmanrtw )

15. Re: Reasonable apartment in Hobart

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 pm, September 19, 2009