We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving out of Hobart

Which Hobart hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,440 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
Driving out of Hobart

I will be in Hobart from 0800 to 1800 in November.

It looks like it is about 70 km up the hiway north to Mole Creek area..

How long would the driving take to get there one way, not counting sightseeing stops

Tasmania AUST
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving out of Hobart

back again!! It's more like 270km to Mole Creek. It's 2hrs min to Launceston and 3hrs to Devonport so it will be somewhere in between (& closer to 3hrs) And that's not counting sightseeing stops. It is a highway up the midlands but once you turn left towards Mole Creek it become a country road. sorry to disappoint. I can see you really want to get to Mole Creek. Maybe you need to plan to visit Tasmania again - and stay a while next time :-)

Sunny Queensland...
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving out of Hobart

Hawaiidan our local motoring organisation in Queensland has just updated their website.You can get information on any trip in Australia there with distances,driving times,attractions accomadation etc.Just go to www.racq.com.au and then their travel section.

Mole creek is out of the question for one day.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
18,789 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving out of Hobart

Dan,

You could possible take a drive south down to Huon area.. its beautiful bushland..I haven't done this for quite a while. have a look at this website for more info

http://www.huontrail.org.au/

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,440 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driving out of Hobart

Aloha...and G'day

Thank you all for your kind input.....I had my hopes up of seeing Mole. There are some world class caves there....

I will look closer to the port.....

Thank you all......if you get to the Big Island of Hawaii....I will do my best to offer my help.........

HD

Launceston
Level Contributor
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Driving out of Hobart

Hi Hawaii Dan,

The road from Hobart to Launceston and on to Deloraine is of a high standard - 110 Kmh virtually all the way. The short trip on to Mole Creek is also on a good road. There are 2 caves regularly open to the public - Marrakoopa (with glow worms) and King Solomon (recently re-opened after the installation of a new lighting system. A day trip from Hobart is quit possible and would be a frequent occurence for locals! See www.TouringTasmania.info