We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what weekends to avoids

Australia, melbourne
Level Contributor
299 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
what weekends to avoids

Hi,

My partner and I are 'planning' a long awaited return to Hobart... all we know at the moment is it will be somewhere between april and September. As we plan to just book our accomodation at almost the last minute (a week or two in advance), is there any weekends during the above time frame this would not be advised?

Thanks

Tasmania
Level Contributor
81 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what weekends to avoids

I cant think of any major event during this period that would affect the availability of accomodation in Hobart, only usually is a problem if there is a large conference on or something, maybe during Targa Tasmania this year things may get busy, i beleive it is scheduled for late April ?

Australia, melbourne
Level Contributor
299 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what weekends to avoids

Thanks!

We are currently playing with the dates of 14-18 June... looks like we will ne travelling June - July.

We may spend 2 nights around launceston and 2 nights in Hobart.

Are these safe dates???

Can anyone recommend a nice hotel in Launceston arond 4 stars, we already know where we plan to stay in hobart.

queensland
Level Contributor
291 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what weekends to avoids

Hi ho neeqs,

Tasmanian school holls start 1st June till the 18th June...you will be there while they are on. I have always found that airfairs are so much cheeper outside the school holls when i go home. Im heading home for easter with my daughter and we had to pay BIG TIME for our flights??

Launceston is lovely but off hand i cant help you with accom.Hope you have a fantastic time away, beautiful place to go.

Cheers...Warwick

Australia, melbourne
Level Contributor
299 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what weekends to avoids

Looks as though work is going to make this trip a nightmare to plan! June is out!! We are now looking at July and Aug... Any school hols or big functions during this time??

cheers

queensland
Level Contributor
291 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: what weekends to avoids

Hi ho,

The schools in Tassie are back between the 18th June till 7th September so it all looks great for you between those times and your airfairs will be cheaper...dont forget to go online at virgin airfairs between 12-1pm daily for their Happy hour, Jetstar also do the same at same time. You may just find they have a cheep flight there and save yourself a bomb.

Good luck with your holiday.

Cheers....Warwick

6. Re: what weekends to avoids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, August 23, 2009