We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tasmania - clothes to pack?

Gilbert, Arizona
Level Contributor
46 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Tasmania - clothes to pack?

I'm going to be in Tasmania October 9 through 16...looking for some general guidelines on appropriate clothing.....it will be fall when I leave home (Denver, Co) and I'm wondering if the right clothing for Denver fall might be good for Tasmania early spring? I'm thinking cool days, cooler nights and some rain/snow? Sound right?

gold coast...
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tasmania - clothes to pack?

Here is a website that may help with events.

www.bcl.com.au/hobart/wotson-october.htm.

The weather may be wet. It is the rainy season. Days should be warm and yes nights cool. You will have a great time. A beautiful place please enjoy.

Sasha

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12,446 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tasmania - clothes to pack?

Weather inTasmania can be very cool at any time and is rarely hot. They can get snowfalls in the mountains even in January. In October you will need warm clothes and covered shoes and possibly a raincoat. But you may also need a T shirt for warmer days especially in the north.

Your comparison wiht Denver in fall is pretty right I htink.

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,745 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tasmania - clothes to pack?

spot on Nozzie

Tasmania
Level Contributor
111 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tasmania - clothes to pack?

Yes, i would agree with all the posts!

Here is another website which will give you an idea of the weather right now (and a forecast for the next few days)

www.bom.gov.au/cgi-bin/wrap_fwo.pl…

Definitely long pants and long sleeves. Could need a t-shirt (depending on the day!) and if you're really lucky, a pair of shorts may be required!!!

The weather has been unusually warm for Tassie this winter, the fruit trees are already budding, and spring has been in full swing for about 2 weeks now on the north west coast!

Safe travels, and happy holidays!

Tasmania
Level Contributor
81 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tasmania - clothes to pack?

Best advice a local can give you is to have the abilty to layer your clothing, then you can warm up or cool down quickly as the weather can change very quickly, the really cold nights will be over by October and daylight Savingas begins in Tasmania at the start of October which is a month earlier than some other states, so you should have some daylight up until about 8 pm, we could get daytime temperatures anywhere between 18 & 30 Celsius and night time lows to about 6 Celsius as a minimum

6. Re: Tasmania - clothes to pack?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, August 18, 2009