We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

please help me for the 9 days trip

Sydney, Australia
5 posts
Save Topic
please help me for the 9 days trip

My plan is as below:

1. Bridestowe Lavander farm

2. coles bay - join Wineglass tour

3. Bicheno - join Penguin tour

4. Port Arthur & Peninsula

5. Mt.Field National Park

6. Salamanca market

7. Huon Valley (Tahune air walk)

My question is that I just got my driver's license for 5 month, is it suitable for me to drive to those place? if not, I have to take the public transport. How can I organise and link those places together? thanks

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
26,528 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: please help me for the 9 days trip

Yes, it's possible to join those places in a circle, but it would be helpful to know the dates of your visit. Salamanca market is only on a Saturday and Bridestowe lavender is only in flower for a brief period in December and January. So doing a circle depends on being in Hobart on a Saturday and may or may not sensibly include Bridestowe.

How long you have had the licence may not be significant. Your age WILL be important in renting a car. It is almost impossible to rent a car if you are under 21 and is usually expensive if under 25.

It is impossible to get to all these places by public transport. A better option if you cannot drive would be to join a tour or tours. These companies may be suitable:

http://www.jumptours.com/

http://www.tourstas.com.au/

http://www.underdownunder.com.au/

Luigi

Sydney, Australia
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: please help me for the 9 days trip

Thanks mate. The reason I said I just got 5 month licence is that I'm not sure the road is easy to drive or not? some roads requires good driving skill. I'm over 25 so the age won't be a problem.

I knew Salamanca market only open saturday and I will go Tassie arount December.

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
26,528 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: please help me for the 9 days trip

OK. there is no particular reason why any licensed driver cannot do the drive. I suggest that you not do it alone so that another person can help you navigate.

Start at Hobart. Go to the Huon Valley and Tahune airwalk on a day trip. Go to Mount Field National park on another day trip.

Go to Salamanca Markets on a Saturday and fill the rest of that day with other things like going to MONA or to the top of Mount Wellington.

Set out from Hobart and drive to Port Arthur, spend the day there and on the Tasman Peninsula, then drive northward up the coast to about Swansea and spend the night there.

Next day go to Freycinet National park and then go to Bicheno to spend the night there and see the penguins that evening.

Next day drive through St Helens then westward through Scottsdale to Bridestowe and on to Launceston for the night.

You still have a few days left, so you could go to Cradle Mountain and the north-west coast or spend more time in the Tamar valley.

Fly out of Launceston unless you have some pressing desire to drive 2.5 hours back to Hobart to fly out.

Edited: 11:38 pm, August 15, 2013
Sydney, Australia
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: please help me for the 9 days trip

Thanks, that's really helpful. I still worried about my driving. is there any mountain road or forest rd during these whole trip? I'm really scared to drive a road that along the moutain.

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
26,528 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: please help me for the 9 days trip

Fair enough. In that case, you should join a tour group.

In addition to the ones I have mentioned previously, there are others listed on this page: tripadvisor.com.au/Travel-g255097-s407/Hobar…

6. Re: please help me for the 9 days trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 18, 2014