We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tahuna Airwalk

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Tahuna Airwalk

Can anyone help me with how long it takes to do the airwalk at Tahuna valley? I'm trying to organise my itinerary for my visit in October

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
25,867 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tahuna Airwalk

To do just the airwalk itself will take just on an hour, but it's a similar time to do the walk across the river on the swing bridges and also to do the cable hang glide thingy. You can easily spend half a day or more there.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tahuna Airwalk

Thanks for this. Do you recommend doing all three? Also, how long does it take to get there from Hobart?

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
14,450 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tahuna Airwalk

We went to the caves as well, and stayed overnight though I've seen people post that they've done it as a day trip. Our return trip was really slow as we got stuck behind a logging truck, not sure how often that happens. In retrospect I wish we'd known about TA and done some research about alternative return routes just for variety. And I think the wooden boat place is down that way, I wish I'd known about that. Anyway, my main point was to mention the caves, is that of interest to you?

Edit: I'd do all the walking (but that's me, for others I imagine it's 'just more trees'). I'd *love* to do the cable hang glide but it depends on adventurousness I guess, it wasn't an option I considered on my previous trip due to a knee injury.

Edited: 1:50 am, April 05, 2013
South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
25,867 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tahuna Airwalk

http://www.woodenboatcentre.com/

www.parks.tas.gov.au/index.aspx?base=4212

Tahune is about 1.5 hours from Hobart.

This recent thread may also be helpful: tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g255096-i887-k5…

Luigi

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tahuna Airwalk

I'd like to thank everyone for their responses so far. It seems already from what I've read that we will have to plan a more detailed holiday for next visit and not aim to cram everything into too short a time. Will certainly be receptive to all supggestions eg. what caves?

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
25,867 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tahuna Airwalk

Hastings Caves. See the second link in my previous post.

Brisbane Australia
Level Contributor
32 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tahuna Airwalk

It took us about 30 minutes to do the walk at a pretty leisurely pace. it's worth a visit.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
885 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tahuna Airwalk

Hastings cave tour is great. We also did the airwalk and cable hang gliding. Beautiful drive too. Lots of lovely places en route. There is also a gorgeous thermal pool/ with bbq areas ... really fantastic if you take an esky and picnic/ bbq with you.

I would have liked to continue on that road south, but like most people, underestimated travel time.

9. Re: Tahuna Airwalk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 11, 2014