We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is my 6-day Tasmania trip too hectic?

Penang Malaysia
Level Contributor
172 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Is my 6-day Tasmania trip too hectic?

Hi, my group comprising 3 families with 8 adults and 4 children and plan to hire 2 8-seater Toyota Tarago to tour the east coast of Tasmania in 6 days from Nov 17 to 22.

We will touch down at Melbourn at 0920hrs on Nov 17 and plan to take a Jetstar flight at 1.15pm to Hobart and arriving there at about 2.30pm (we don't think we can do much sight seeing on this day after checking in the motel from airport). So we only have roughly 5 solid days.

We plan to see Hobart city, Bruny Island, Port Arthur, Freycinet National Park, Bay of Fires and leaving Launcheston by afternoon flight and if time permits, we plan to have a day trip to Cradle Mountain.

Your advice is greatly appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Bruny Island
Bruny Island
Tasmania, Australia
Port Arthur
Port Arthur
Tasmania, Australia
South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
29,221 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is my 6-day Tasmania trip too hectic?

I don't hink you'll quite have time to fit it all in 5 days.

You might manage as far as Launceston, but going to Cradle would probably take another day or two days.

It would be worthwhile to fill out your itinerary with what you actually intend to see and do in each place. The Top Questions on the right of this page - and also the Hobart and Launceston forum pages - will be helpful in that regard.

Luigi

Mentioned in this post
Launceston
Launceston
Tasmania, Australia
Penang Malaysia
Level Contributor
172 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is my 6-day Tasmania trip too hectic?

Hi, Luigi,

Thanks for your advice and I will fine tune my itinerary and get back to you in a couple of days. Regards.

3. Re: Is my 6-day Tasmania trip too hectic?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:35 pm, March 18, 2013
4. Re: Is my 6-day Tasmania trip too hectic?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, March 20, 2014